I should have seen this when I posted this: http://www.conwaylife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=540
Can you tell me what these 2+ player variations are called? I'm building my own implementation (see other post) and would like to glean some ideas.
It's kind of an obvious idea, but requires a ...
Search found 3 matches
- October 22nd, 2010, 6:38 pm
- Forum: Other Cellular Automata
- Topic: Turning cellular automata into 2 player games
- Replies: 3
- Views: 4001
- October 20th, 2010, 1:36 pm
- Forum: Other Cellular Automata
- Topic: Game of War - a multiplayer non-automata
- Replies: 3
- Views: 4252
Re: Game of War - a multiplayer non-automata
These are the rules I'm currently using:
1. Any live cell with fewer than two live friendly neighbours dies, as if by loneliness.
2. Any live cell with more than three live friendly neighbours dies, as if by overcrowding.
3. Any live cell with two or three friendly neighbours lives, unchanged, to ...
1. Any live cell with fewer than two live friendly neighbours dies, as if by loneliness.
2. Any live cell with more than three live friendly neighbours dies, as if by overcrowding.
3. Any live cell with two or three friendly neighbours lives, unchanged, to ...
- October 19th, 2010, 9:57 pm
- Forum: Other Cellular Automata
- Topic: Game of War - a multiplayer non-automata
- Replies: 3
- Views: 4252
Game of War - a multiplayer non-automata
Hi,
I'm developing a 2 player game where each player has their own colour of live cells. The rules for squares involving one colour are the same as Life, but there is to be some sort of enemy rule, say, too many enemy neighbours and the square dies). At the moment (in this very early development ...
I'm developing a 2 player game where each player has their own colour of live cells. The rules for squares involving one colour are the same as Life, but there is to be some sort of enemy rule, say, too many enemy neighbours and the square dies). At the moment (in this very early development ...