Search found 4 matches

by XmikeX
October 20th, 2010, 11:03 pm
Forum: Patterns
Topic: Thread For Your Accidental Discoveries
Replies: 2371
Views: 1711113

Re: Thread For Your Accidental Discoveries

Extrementhusiast wrote:
Yes, that pattern is known, it is known as a glider-producing switch engine. I'm sorry if I made you feel bad.
Indeed, I am absolutely and completely devastated to receive an ID on this pattern......and for free!

Thanks again,
P.T. Barnum
by XmikeX
October 20th, 2010, 7:01 pm
Forum: Patterns
Topic: Thread For Your Accidental Discoveries
Replies: 2371
Views: 1711113

Re: Thread For Your Accidental Discoveries

A while back, I stumbled across an ancestor of this 13-cell little wonder. Sadly, I lost the original pattern.
Apologies if this pattern is old news to this forum:

# The Podiatrist --- derived from lost ancestor found in debris
x = 19, y = 8, rule = B3/S23
2o$o2$18bo$15b4o$14bo3bo2$14b3o!

Cheers ...
by XmikeX
October 15th, 2010, 2:48 am
Forum: Patterns
Topic: Thread For Your Accidental Discoveries
Replies: 2371
Views: 1711113

Re: Thread For Your Accidental Discoveries

At "only" ~14k, I did not think anyone would bother simplifying the methuselah I submitted earlier.

Fortunately, soup search is spitting out some funky ones to play with:
# Methuselah_27020 - Found by daspuner on October 14, 2010, using Nathaniel Johnston's Soup Search + Golly
x = 20, y = 20, rule ...
by XmikeX
October 14th, 2010, 2:02 pm
Forum: Patterns
Topic: Thread For Your Accidental Discoveries
Replies: 2371
Views: 1711113

Re: Thread For Your Accidental Discoveries

This is my first post to this forum. I greet you all and thank you warmly for your discourse.

My interest in Life is mostly aesthetic. I've found it useful when producing software on ancient hardware.
Ages ago, after sifting through debris (+ minor bit twiddling) to find visually-appealing ...