Doesn't Winlife32 have difficulty with objects made of seperate islands
Indeed it does. It would be possible, given an unstable island, to try it in combination with other nearby islands and see if that makes a stable or oscillating object, but I never got round to trying anything like that. (I ...
Search found 4 matches
- July 8th, 2010, 4:55 am
- Forum: General Discussion
- Topic: What I'd like to see in Golly
- Replies: 71
- Views: 55691
- July 6th, 2010, 10:47 am
- Forum: General Discussion
- Topic: What I'd like to see in Golly
- Replies: 71
- Views: 55691
Re: What I'd like to see in Golly
If anyone wants to undertake writing a script to do this, I'd be happy to make winlife32's source code available. I just don't have the time do it myself these days.I think it would be cool to have a Census function, like WinLife32 has
- June 26th, 2010, 9:38 pm
- Forum: General Discussion
- Topic: Census Program Idea
- Replies: 53
- Views: 37639
Re: Census Program Idea
Another worry I have with that is that it seems to be quite Life-specific (part of the algorithm works by checking know spaceships)
A bit late, but I only just discovered this forum... that's not really true. It needs to have the spaceships in the currently open library, but patterns in a library ...
A bit late, but I only just discovered this forum... that's not really true. It needs to have the spaceships in the currently open library, but patterns in a library ...
- June 26th, 2010, 9:33 pm
- Forum: Website Discussion
- Topic: Some suggestions
- Replies: 37
- Views: 34920
Re: Some suggestions
The Winlife32 bug that stopped the display working properly on Vista and Windows 7 is now fixed - download a new version from www.winlife32.com to get the fix.