Search found 16 matches
- April 19th, 2013, 2:35 pm
- Forum: Scripts
- Topic: Finding the smallest spaceship of given speed
- Replies: 12
- Views: 14389
Re: Finding the smallest spaceship of given speed
c/4 is the one I really wonder about. By far most of these ships have a structure with a t-tetromino engine (there are two variations) + large tagalongs. Most of these tagalongs, however, require two engines. I'm willing to bet the smallest spaceship of this velocity would be no larger than 15×15 ...
- April 17th, 2013, 12:38 pm
- Forum: Patterns
- Topic: Self-repairing pattern
- Replies: 14
- Views: 26177
Re: Self-repairing pattern
Does there exist a still life (other than block) that eventually (or instantly) repairs itself after killing (altering) any single cell?
- April 17th, 2013, 8:42 am
- Forum: Other Cellular Automata
- Topic: Spaceships in Life-like cellular automata
- Replies: 956
- Views: 310957
Re: Spaceships in Life-like cellular automata
A little offtopic: could anybody fix this glider? A few years ago I think I wrote to David Eppstein to fix its author to Nicolay Beluchenco but the page still says I discovered it 
- April 13th, 2013, 11:50 am
- Forum: Scripts
- Topic: Pattern searching program for Linux?
- Replies: 2
- Views: 4397
Re: Pattern searching program for Linux?
Original lifesrc, on which wls is based, runs fine on linux, i think.
- June 20th, 2010, 4:41 am
- Forum: Other Cellular Automata
- Topic: B36/S235
- Replies: 6
- Views: 5863
Re: B36/S235
but no other diagonal ones Too easy ^__^ x = 24, y = 24, rule = B36/S235
16bo$10b2o2b2o$10b5ob2o$10bobo$10bo6bo$8b2o5bo$9b2o4bo3bobo$11b
4obo4bobo$9b3o5b2o3bo$2bo6b2obo3bo4b2o$bo9b2o3bo4bo$b2o5bo3b3obo
3b2o$2bo7bo2bob2o4b2o$6b3ob2o2b2obob4o$obo3b3o5b2ob2o$ob3o2bob2o
bo5bo$2ob4ob3o$7bob2o$2bobo2bo ...
16bo$10b2o2b2o$10b5ob2o$10bobo$10bo6bo$8b2o5bo$9b2o4bo3bobo$11b
4obo4bobo$9b3o5b2o3bo$2bo6b2obo3bo4b2o$bo9b2o3bo4bo$b2o5bo3b3obo
3b2o$2bo7bo2bob2o4b2o$6b3ob2o2b2obob4o$obo3b3o5b2ob2o$ob3o2bob2o
bo5bo$2ob4ob3o$7bob2o$2bobo2bo ...
- February 17th, 2010, 4:18 pm
- Forum: Other Cellular Automata
- Topic: B3/S2456
- Replies: 24
- Views: 15218
Re: B3/S2456
Yeah, now I see what you mean, so you wanted something minimal :)
P.S. c/5 diagonal: x = 31, y = 31, rule = B3/S2456
20bo$20bobo$19bo2bo$19bo2bo$17bob2o$17b3o$14bob2o$15b2obo$12bob2obo9b
3o$11bob2obo$12b2o12bo2b2o$11b4o10b4o$10bo3bo8bobo$8bobo11bob3o$8bo2bo
9bob2o$8b2o12b2o$18b2ob2obo$7b2o10b3o ...
P.S. c/5 diagonal: x = 31, y = 31, rule = B3/S2456
20bo$20bobo$19bo2bo$19bo2bo$17bob2o$17b3o$14bob2o$15b2obo$12bob2obo9b
3o$11bob2obo$12b2o12bo2b2o$11b4o10b4o$10bo3bo8bobo$8bobo11bob3o$8bo2bo
9bob2o$8b2o12b2o$18b2ob2obo$7b2o10b3o ...
- February 16th, 2010, 2:47 am
- Forum: Other Cellular Automata
- Topic: B3/S2456
- Replies: 24
- Views: 15218
Re: B3/S2456
The only interesting example I have right now is this period 19 agar: Ha! Too easy: x = 150, y = 150, rule = B3/S2456
6b2o2b2o2b2o2b2o2b2o2b2o2b2o2b2o2b2o2b2o2b2o2b2o2b2o2b2o2b2o2b2o2b2o2b
2o2b2o2b2o2b2o2b2o2b2o2b2o2b2o2b2o2b2o2b2o2b2o2b2o2b2o2b2o2b2o2b2o2b2o
$4b142o ...
6b2o2b2o2b2o2b2o2b2o2b2o2b2o2b2o2b2o2b2o2b2o2b2o2b2o2b2o2b2o2b2o2b2o2b
2o2b2o2b2o2b2o2b2o2b2o2b2o2b2o2b2o2b2o2b2o2b2o2b2o2b2o2b2o2b2o2b2o2b2o
$4b142o ...
- February 15th, 2010, 2:49 pm
- Forum: Scripts
- Topic: Online Database of Unsuccessful GFIND Searches
- Replies: 27
- Views: 30574
Re: Online Database of Unsuccessful GFIND Searches
Well, it's just, I don't like the command line A good command-line tool is much better than a bad GUI :roll:
Sorry for offtopic. I guess I should just write some how-to on gfind searching.
I'm running a 4c/9 search right now at l180 (i.e. for asymmetrical ships at width 10, and symmetrical 19-20 ...
Sorry for offtopic. I guess I should just write some how-to on gfind searching.
I'm running a 4c/9 search right now at l180 (i.e. for asymmetrical ships at width 10, and symmetrical 19-20 ...
- February 15th, 2010, 2:38 pm
- Forum: Other Cellular Automata
- Topic: B3/S2456
- Replies: 24
- Views: 15218
Re: B3/S2456
So you have some unstable agars here? Usually WLS is clever enough to stabilize them. Can you show a couple of examples?
P.S. c/6:
x = 13, y = 25, rule = B3/S2456
2bo7bo$3bobobobo$3bo5bo$2bo2bobo2bo$3b2o3b2o$4b2ob2o$4bobobo$3bobobobo
$3b2obob2o$2bo3bo3bo$2bo7bo$4b2ob2o$3b3ob3o$obob2ob2obobo ...
P.S. c/6:
x = 13, y = 25, rule = B3/S2456
2bo7bo$3bobobobo$3bo5bo$2bo2bobo2bo$3b2o3b2o$4b2ob2o$4bobobo$3bobobobo
$3b2obob2o$2bo3bo3bo$2bo7bo$4b2ob2o$3b3ob3o$obob2ob2obobo ...
- February 13th, 2010, 3:13 pm
- Forum: Scripts
- Topic: Online Database of Unsuccessful GFIND Searches
- Replies: 27
- Views: 30574
Re: Online Database of Unsuccessful GFIND Searches
Why? What's wrong with it?
- February 13th, 2010, 2:06 pm
- Forum: Scripts
- Topic: Online Database of Unsuccessful GFIND Searches
- Replies: 27
- Views: 30574
Re: Online Database of Unsuccessful GFIND Searches
gfind is written in pure C, it's cross-platform and its command line is very simple. I don't think a GUI for gfind would actually be useful, unless it would be shipped with some extra features like initial row setting similar to that of ofind (and I do actually want a GUI for ofind, though it's a ...
- February 13th, 2010, 12:44 pm
- Forum: Other Cellular Automata
- Topic: B3/S2456
- Replies: 24
- Views: 15218
Re: B3/S2456
Yeah, this one's pretty rich on oscillators.
A couple of p9 oscillators for your collection:
http://www.conwaylife.com/image.aspx?rle=2b2o$6o$bo2bo$2o2b2o3$bo2bo$2b2o$2b2o$ob2obo$6o$2b2o! http://www.conwaylife.com/image.aspx?rle=2b2ob2o$9o$b2o3b2o$bo5bo$4ob4o$2o2bo2b2o$bo5bo$b7o$3b3o$5bo! x = 18 ...
A couple of p9 oscillators for your collection:
http://www.conwaylife.com/image.aspx?rle=2b2o$6o$bo2bo$2o2b2o3$bo2bo$2b2o$2b2o$ob2obo$6o$2b2o! http://www.conwaylife.com/image.aspx?rle=2b2ob2o$9o$b2o3b2o$bo5bo$4ob4o$2o2bo2b2o$bo5bo$b7o$3b3o$5bo! x = 18 ...
- February 11th, 2010, 4:59 am
- Forum: Scripts
- Topic: Online Database of Unsuccessful GFIND Searches
- Replies: 27
- Views: 30574
Online Database of Unsuccessful GFIND Searches
Well, I don't actually have one, but really would like to see something like this; probably here.
:idea: 'a negative result is still a result' :idea:
One of the easiest (lol not really) ways to become famous in the Game of Life is to have the 'gfind' program (found here ) running somewhere in ...
:idea: 'a negative result is still a result' :idea:
One of the easiest (lol not really) ways to become famous in the Game of Life is to have the 'gfind' program (found here ) running somewhere in ...
- February 4th, 2010, 4:43 am
- Forum: Other Cellular Automata
- Topic: B3/S234
- Replies: 100
- Views: 69450
Re: B3/S234
Yet another c/3 spaceship, a first 'long' one with even width. The simple diagonal front seems to be extensible. ;) x = 28, y = 20, rule = B3/S234
3bo6bo6bo6bo$2bo8bo4bo8bo$2b3o4b2o6b2o4b3o$3bob4obo6bob4obo$3bobob2obo
bo2bobob2obobo$4bo3bobob4obobo3bo$8bobo6bobo$4bobobobo6bobobobo$bo4bob ...
3bo6bo6bo6bo$2bo8bo4bo8bo$2b3o4b2o6b2o4b3o$3bob4obo6bob4obo$3bobob2obo
bo2bobob2obobo$4bo3bobob4obobo3bo$8bobo6bobo$4bobobobo6bobobobo$bo4bob ...
- February 4th, 2010, 1:46 am
- Forum: Other Cellular Automata
- Topic: Interesting Patterns in Normally Expanding Rulesets
- Replies: 9
- Views: 10406
Re: Interesting Patterns in Normally Expanding Rulesets
I've been searching for p5 knightships in B35/S0246 with no luck. You'll be famous if you find anything in this searches. According to Eppstein's DB , all currently known knightships [in rules without B0] have period >=11 and dimensions <=12, which means they've been mostly discovered naturally and ...
- February 1st, 2010, 2:36 pm
- Forum: Other Cellular Automata
- Topic: B3/S234
- Replies: 100
- Views: 69450
Re: B3/S234
Hmm, this thread was inactive for quite some time, but I don't think this can be a reason for not letting one to run some searches. :)
Here are a couple of "shortest" (according to afind search program) c/3 spaceships in b3/s234: (only 7 cells long in all phases)
x = 17, y = 61, rule = B3/S234 ...
Here are a couple of "shortest" (according to afind search program) c/3 spaceships in b3/s234: (only 7 cells long in all phases)
x = 17, y = 61, rule = B3/S234 ...