I didn't expect anyone to be interested in my old notebooks, but here we are.
Most of my work there was focused on constructing still lifes — I built around a hundred of them in total, developed several rules for assembling increasingly larger structures, and classified them based on their ...
Search found 7 matches
- September 25th, 2026, 10:02 am
- Forum: Patterns
- Topic: Searching for Devote Parents
- Replies: 28
- Views: 890
- September 24th, 2026, 1:36 pm
- Forum: Patterns
- Topic: Searching for Devote Parents
- Replies: 28
- Views: 890
Re: Searching for Devote Parents
Here are the Devote Parents for some watercraft.
Canoe (17 cells):
x = 9, y = 7, rule = B3/S23
3bobo2$4bobo$2bo3bo$2bob5o$o5bo$2b2obo!
Cis-boat with tail (25 cells):
x = 10, y = 9, rule = B3/S23
8bo$4b2obo$2b7o$o3b4obo$obo$3bobo$bo3bo2$4b2o!
Long ship (52 cells):
x = 12, y = 12, rule = B3/S23 ...
Canoe (17 cells):
x = 9, y = 7, rule = B3/S23
3bobo2$4bobo$2bo3bo$2bob5o$o5bo$2b2obo!
Cis-boat with tail (25 cells):
x = 10, y = 9, rule = B3/S23
8bo$4b2obo$2b7o$o3b4obo$obo$3bobo$bo3bo2$4b2o!
Long ship (52 cells):
x = 12, y = 12, rule = B3/S23 ...
- September 23rd, 2026, 3:16 am
- Forum: Patterns
- Topic: Searching for Devote Parents
- Replies: 28
- Views: 890
Re: Searching for Devote Parents
Dear LuveelVoom,
I became fascinated with Conway's Life back when I was a schoolboy and did a lot of systematic work, but due to various circumstances, there was a nearly 30-year break. Only two months ago did I learn about this website and simulators like Golly. I dug up my old notebooks and ...
I became fascinated with Conway's Life back when I was a schoolboy and did a lot of systematic work, but due to various circumstances, there was a nearly 30-year break. Only two months ago did I learn about this website and simulators like Golly. I dug up my old notebooks and ...
- September 22nd, 2026, 3:16 pm
- Forum: Patterns
- Topic: Searching for Devote Parents
- Replies: 28
- Views: 890
Re: Searching for Devote Parents
Here I found a simpler pattern:I6_I6 wrote: September 22nd, 2026, 3:23 am Hook with tail:Code: Select all
x = 10, y = 10, rule = B3/S23 3bobo$o2bobo$2b6o$ob3ob4o$o2b5o$2bo$o4bo$bobobo2$4bobo!
Code: Select all
x = 10, y = 9, rule = B3/S23
8bo$2bob2obo$3b6o$o3b4obo$2bo$o2bobo$bo3bo2$4b2o!
- September 22nd, 2026, 3:14 am
- Forum: Patterns
- Topic: Searching for Devote Parents
- Replies: 28
- Views: 890
Re: Searching for Devote Parents
Just a quick note: the Phoenix 1 oscillator is actually a Devote Parent to itself.
- September 20th, 2026, 2:16 pm
- Forum: Patterns
- Topic: Searching for Devote Parents
- Replies: 28
- Views: 890
Searching for Devote Parents
Greetings everyone!
I would like to invite the community to join a fun challenge that I call searching for "Devote Parents" (Щирі Батьки by ukrainian).
For a given pattern P1, a Devote Parent is a strict phoenix configuration P0 (where no live cell survives to the next generation, i.e., every cell ...
I would like to invite the community to join a fun challenge that I call searching for "Devote Parents" (Щирі Батьки by ukrainian).
For a given pattern P1, a Devote Parent is a strict phoenix configuration P0 (where no live cell survives to the next generation, i.e., every cell ...
- August 30th, 2026, 10:17 am
- Forum: Patterns
- Topic: Thread for your unsure discoveries
- Replies: 4030
- Views: 1912859
Re: Thread for your unsure discoveries
Hi everyone! Here is an interesting pattern I found. I call this pattern Ring of Sauron. Ring of Sauron is a long-lived methuselah discovered in 1997. Its initial evolution was first analyzed on a ZX Spectrum system and later verified using Golly in 2026.
The pattern has a lifespan of 6,155 ...
The pattern has a lifespan of 6,155 ...