Yum yum!
It contains Eater 1 (Fishhook), a specialized HWSS eater, a pair of killer candlefrobras, a type of MWSS eater, and a specialized LWSS eater. None of these were discovered by me. I find it very interesting though.
x = 57, y = 43, rule = B3/S23
28b2o$27bo2bo$28b3o$25b3o$25bo3b2o$27b2obo ...
Search found 13 matches
- August 19th, 2026, 6:35 pm
- Forum: Patterns
- Topic: Thread for your unsure discoveries
- Replies: 4041
- Views: 1918465
- August 14th, 2026, 2:58 pm
- Forum: Patterns
- Topic: Thread for your unsure discoveries
- Replies: 4041
- Views: 1918465
Re: Thread for your unsure discoveries
2-eater, 3-eater, 4-eater? Are they just some mutually stabilizing eater quadrants together? It is true I couldn't find it on LifeWiki or Catalogue.
PS: Luckiest day ever!!!! In 10 64 by 64 random soups in a row, I got 8 mangos, 3 paperclips, 4 pulsars, 1 pentadecathlon, 2 fishooks (eater 1s), 1 ...
PS: Luckiest day ever!!!! In 10 64 by 64 random soups in a row, I got 8 mangos, 3 paperclips, 4 pulsars, 1 pentadecathlon, 2 fishooks (eater 1s), 1 ...
- August 14th, 2026, 10:41 am
- Forum: Patterns
- Topic: Thread for your unsure discoveries
- Replies: 4041
- Views: 1918465
Re: Small Unnatural Objects Watchlist
Today, when randomly selecting a soup in the LifeWiki's Soup page, a weird-looking pattern of 4 blinkers came up in the ash. I have never encountered this before.
x = 7, y = 5, rule = B3/S23
3ob3o4$3ob3o!
hotdogPi: replaced LV tags with pattern tags and moved to another thread — it's not ...
x = 7, y = 5, rule = B3/S23
3ob3o4$3ob3o!
hotdogPi: replaced LV tags with pattern tags and moved to another thread — it's not ...
- August 11th, 2026, 2:50 pm
- Forum: Patterns
- Topic: Thread for your unsure discoveries
- Replies: 4041
- Views: 1918465
Re: Thread for your unsure discoveries
Wow!
But to be honest, it is actually not very rare compared to my loafy still lives, with a frequency class of only 19.3 compared to my Tied Quad-Loaf Skewb (which I want to rename as Bi-Loaf Tie Skewb, and it is on my profile picture) with a frequency class of 46.4, and because rarity scales ...
But to be honest, it is actually not very rare compared to my loafy still lives, with a frequency class of only 19.3 compared to my Tied Quad-Loaf Skewb (which I want to rename as Bi-Loaf Tie Skewb, and it is on my profile picture) with a frequency class of 46.4, and because rarity scales ...
- August 8th, 2026, 7:57 pm
- Forum: Patterns
- Topic: (Engineered) diehards
- Replies: 329
- Views: 102487
Re: (Engineered) diehards
This produces 13096 loaves in 60 X 60 (parity only needs to be attended to for long streams of lone block laying gliders):
Code: Select all / Show in Viewer
x = 60, y = 60, rule = B3/S23
11b6o2b4ob4ob2o25bob2o$13bo7b4obobo2bo10b3o12b3o$17bo6bobo2bo5bo5bo2bo
14bo$12b5o6bo3bobo4bob2obo4bo11b2obo ...
Code: Select all / Show in Viewer
x = 60, y = 60, rule = B3/S23
11b6o2b4ob4ob2o25bob2o$13bo7b4obobo2bo10b3o12b3o$17bo6bobo2bo5bo5bo2bo
14bo$12b5o6bo3bobo4bob2obo4bo11b2obo ...
- August 7th, 2026, 7:47 pm
- Forum: Patterns
- Topic: Thread for your unsure discoveries
- Replies: 4041
- Views: 1918465
Re: Thread for your unsure discoveries
Sorry about the subsequent duplicate information, but I wanted to do a separate one with the links and frequency classes included.
Orb: x = 6, y = 6, rule = B3/S23
2b2o$bo2bo$ob2obo$o2bobo$bo2bo$2b2o!
Frequency Class 32.1
Tri-Loaf Skewb:
x = 8, y = 8, rule = B3/S23
5bo$4bobo$4bo2bo$2b2ob2o ...
Orb: x = 6, y = 6, rule = B3/S23
2b2o$bo2bo$ob2obo$o2bobo$bo2bo$2b2o!
Frequency Class 32.1
Tri-Loaf Skewb:
x = 8, y = 8, rule = B3/S23
5bo$4bobo$4bo2bo$2b2ob2o ...
- August 7th, 2026, 3:30 pm
- Forum: Patterns
- Topic: Small Unnatural Objects Watchlist
- Replies: 18
- Views: 9288
Re: Small Unnatural Objects Watchlist
Then, I think these will be interesting. They have never been documented on LifeWiki. No searches gave any online information for them, and I (sort of) independently "discovered" them. The super-loaf is a recorded still live on LifeWiki (search "super loaf" in LifeWiki's search engine).
By mixing a ...
By mixing a ...
- August 7th, 2026, 3:25 pm
- Forum: Patterns
- Topic: Thread for your unsure discoveries
- Replies: 4041
- Views: 1918465
Re: Thread for your unsure discoveries
x = 6, y = 6, rule = B3/S23
2b2o$bo2bo$ob2obo$o2bobo$bo2bo$2b2o!
What the hell is this still live? I have never seen this before. What is it called, what is its frequency class, and how rare is it???
Also, I have a few more amazing things to share. By mixing a few loaves and super-loaves in ...
2b2o$bo2bo$ob2obo$o2bobo$bo2bo$2b2o!
What the hell is this still live? I have never seen this before. What is it called, what is its frequency class, and how rare is it???
Also, I have a few more amazing things to share. By mixing a few loaves and super-loaves in ...
- August 7th, 2026, 2:51 pm
- Forum: Patterns
- Topic: Small Unnatural Objects Watchlist
- Replies: 18
- Views: 9288
Re: Small Unnatural Objects Watchlist
What the hell is this:
I have never seen such an absurd still live before. How rare is this, what is it called, and what is its frequency class?
EDIT by dvgrn: added standard pattern tags around RLE.
Code: Select all
x = 6, y = 6, rule = B3/S23
2b2o$bo2bo$ob2obo$o2bobo$bo2bo$2b2o!EDIT by dvgrn: added standard pattern tags around RLE.
- August 4th, 2026, 7:41 pm
- Forum: Patterns
- Topic: (Engineered) diehards
- Replies: 329
- Views: 102487
Re: (Engineered) diehards
Through brute-force Python searches, I got this 6x6 diehard "o2b3o$5bo$obobo$2bob2o$2obo$3ob2o!" Has anyone already found out about it?
- August 4th, 2026, 3:19 pm
- Forum: Help / Support
- Topic: Thread for basic questions
- Replies: 6124
- Views: 2061908
- August 4th, 2026, 3:19 pm
- Forum: Help / Support
- Topic: Thread for basic questions
- Replies: 6124
- Views: 2061908
Re: Oscillator Discussion Thread
Is any of you interested in diehards?
- August 4th, 2026, 3:03 pm
- Forum: Patterns
- Topic: (Engineered) diehards
- Replies: 329
- Views: 102487
Re: (Engineered) diehards
Any suggestions for diehards not composed of sawtooths, Simkin Glider Guns? I get bored of seeing them too often and with almost no significant changes. I couldn't extend even the best Gosper Glider Gun ideas I have past generation 1374 (I'm a relative newcomer to Life so I don't know that much ...