Hello,
I want to share a 6-cell methuselah that I discovered through manual experimentation.
This pattern runs for exactly 1103 generations before the core stabilizes, reaching a final population of 116 cells and releasing gliders during its chaotic evolution.
Here is the RLE code:
#N 6-cell ...
Search found 2 matches
- July 15th, 2026, 8:25 am
- Forum: Patterns
- Topic: Thread for your unsure discoveries
- Replies: 4041
- Views: 1917882
- July 15th, 2026, 8:18 am
- Forum: Patterns
- Topic: Thread for your unsure discoveries
- Replies: 4041
- Views: 1917882
New 6-cell methuselah lasting 1101 generations
Hello everyone,
I wanted to share a 6-cell methuselah that I discovered by manual experimentation.
It lasts exactly 1101 generations before stabilizing, leaving a final population of 116 cells and producing gliders along the way. It gets incredibly close to the legendary "Century" methuselah ...
I wanted to share a 6-cell methuselah that I discovered by manual experimentation.
It lasts exactly 1101 generations before stabilizing, leaving a final population of 116 cells and producing gliders along the way. It gets incredibly close to the legendary "Century" methuselah ...