Search found 7 matches

by acharneski
June 14th, 2026, 8:11 pm
Forum: The Sandbox
Topic: Game: Arcade of Life
Replies: 11
Views: 589

Re: Game: Arcade of Life

If anyone would prefer a 6min demo video to check this out, I just published one on youtube:

https://youtu.be/nVhosQ0nGgo
by acharneski
June 9th, 2026, 9:02 am
Forum: The Sandbox
Topic: Game: Arcade of Life
Replies: 11
Views: 589

Re: Game: Arcade of Life


Really nice game!
How do the cells evolve when different states interact? I've noticed it works differently than regular Life if I fire a spaceship and it collides with another spaceship. How did you handle the edges of the playing field?


I'm really glad you life it! :-)

The enemy and friendly ...
by acharneski
June 8th, 2026, 11:18 pm
Forum: The Sandbox
Topic: Game: Arcade of Life
Replies: 11
Views: 589

Re: Game: Arcade of Life


i downloaded the repository and attempted to use it on my device. i got stuck on the epilepsy warning screen as the button wasn't working, so i manually edited the epilepsy screen out, and the buttons still didn't work.


Did you try to simply open the index.html file?

Try using the website ...
by acharneski
June 7th, 2026, 11:38 pm
Forum: The Sandbox
Topic: Game: Arcade of Life
Replies: 11
Views: 589

Re: Game: Arcade of Life


Make the ink bar lower


Thanks for the feedback! Can you please elaborate? Do you mean the positioning is awkward, or you find you have too much ink to make the game challenging?

If the latter is the case, you can always tune the settings or experiment with level design, and even share your ...
by acharneski
June 7th, 2026, 6:17 pm
Forum: The Sandbox
Topic: Game: Arcade of Life
Replies: 11
Views: 589

Re: Game: Arcade of Life


One suggestion is that you simplify the UI a bit. There are a bit too many buttons for my taste.


I totally agree. This kinda' grew beyond its original scope as we played and iterated, particularly with the level designer. I'll probably focus on that next. Thanks for the constructive feedback ...
by acharneski
June 7th, 2026, 5:49 pm
Forum: The Sandbox
Topic: Game: Arcade of Life
Replies: 11
Views: 589

Re: Game: Arcade of Life


Did you use LLM tools in the making of the website?
Very nice game overall tho :mrgreen: !


I'm glad you enjoyed it, even though you suspected the evil hand of automated tooling...

Would you believe that I handcrafted every line of code, handwriting on home-made parchment by firelight, and then ...
by acharneski
June 7th, 2026, 3:59 pm
Forum: The Sandbox
Topic: Game: Arcade of Life
Replies: 11
Views: 589

Game: Arcade of Life

Hello Everybody!

I'm a longtime lover of life, and I've always wanted to build a game-ified version of it... I've finally found a good format! The idea is basically missile defender inspired use of gliders and defending territory. Both the enemy and friendly tiles evolve according to the game of ...