On the Catagolue site, is there a meaning behind the different link colors under the "Root" column on the haul page ? Most are green, a few are blue, I think unverified hauls are brownish colored. I saw some constants in the Catagolue code:
Census.java :
public static int JUST_UPLOADED = 0 ...
Search found 9 matches
- August 22nd, 2025, 8:12 pm
- Forum: Help / Support
- Topic: Help for Newcomers
- Replies: 24
- Views: 24286
- July 8th, 2025, 5:52 am
- Forum: Help / Support
- Topic: Thread for basic questions
- Replies: 6124
- Views: 2062038
Re: Thread for basic questions
Thanks, PK22. I ran the 1B soup haul, but it took 2 hours to finish! Averaged about 170K soups per second. I'm more comfortable with hauls that don't last more than 10 minutes. I plan to stay within the boundaries of known rules and symmetries. I remember the commandment from LifeWiki: "Don't break ...
- July 7th, 2025, 7:34 pm
- Forum: Help / Support
- Topic: Thread for basic questions
- Replies: 6124
- Views: 2062038
Re: Thread for basic questions
PK22,
I pretty much followed the instructions in the README.md - "bash recompile.sh" and for the CUDA executable - "bash recompile.sh --cuda" makes a much larger executable. I hit a lot of obstacles before that. I had to get apgmera, lifelib, and cpads from GitLab (I got the zip files) and put them ...
I pretty much followed the instructions in the README.md - "bash recompile.sh" and for the CUDA executable - "bash recompile.sh --cuda" makes a much larger executable. I hit a lot of obstacles before that. I had to get apgmera, lifelib, and cpads from GitLab (I got the zip files) and put them ...
- July 7th, 2025, 5:43 pm
- Forum: Help / Support
- Topic: Thread for basic questions
- Replies: 6124
- Views: 2062038
Re: Thread for basic questions
Is this possible with CUDA?
I jumped into the deep end and installed WSL 2 on my Windows 10 machine and with some help from Copilot, managed to compile an executable with the --cuda option. Regular test runs without cuda were processing C1-B3/S23 soups at about 5K per second. With cuda, G1-B3/S23 ...
I jumped into the deep end and installed WSL 2 on my Windows 10 machine and with some help from Copilot, managed to compile an executable with the --cuda option. Regular test runs without cuda were processing C1-B3/S23 soups at about 5K per second. With cuda, G1-B3/S23 ...
- June 30th, 2025, 8:06 am
- Forum: Patterns
- Topic: Thread for your unsure discoveries
- Replies: 4043
- Views: 1918567
Re: Thread for your unsure discoveries
PK22,
Thanks for the suggestions and link. I added the [catagolue] tag to my original post. I also thought I had another notable find last night with xs26_06996z0bq1d96z321 . There seems to be only 5 other C1 discoveries and a C2_4.
x = 7, y = 12, rule = B3/S23
5b2o$4bobo$4bo$b2ob2o$obo$o3b2o ...
Thanks for the suggestions and link. I added the [catagolue] tag to my original post. I also thought I had another notable find last night with xs26_06996z0bq1d96z321 . There seems to be only 5 other C1 discoveries and a C2_4.
x = 7, y = 12, rule = B3/S23
5b2o$4bobo$4bo$b2ob2o$obo$o3b2o ...
- June 29th, 2025, 7:31 pm
- Forum: Patterns
- Topic: Thread for your unsure discoveries
- Replies: 4043
- Views: 1918567
Re: Thread for your unsure discoveries
xs23_cko0oggka53zx346
I believe I found something interesting. The first to be found in symmetry C1. There's only one other on Catagolue and that's for symmetry D4_+1. The object is fully formed at generation 1081. The soup stabilizes at generation 1190.
The Object:
x = 11, y = 8, rule = B3/S23 ...
I believe I found something interesting. The first to be found in symmetry C1. There's only one other on Catagolue and that's for symmetry D4_+1. The object is fully formed at generation 1081. The soup stabilizes at generation 1190.
The Object:
x = 11, y = 8, rule = B3/S23 ...
- June 25th, 2025, 5:35 pm
- Forum: Help / Support
- Topic: Thread for basic questions
- Replies: 6124
- Views: 2062038
Re: Thread for basic questions
I submitted that 1234567 soups haul about an hour ago (4:35 PM EDT - 20:35 UTC). The one change I made was previously I had put quotes around my payosha25 key because of special characters. This time I left the quotes out. I'm submitting from the Windows 11 PowerShell command line:
.\apgluxe ...
.\apgluxe ...
- June 25th, 2025, 11:34 am
- Forum: Help / Support
- Topic: Thread for basic questions
- Replies: 6124
- Views: 2062038
Re: Thread for basic questions
Thanks for the response! I will give this a try when I get home from work tonight.
- June 25th, 2025, 10:28 am
- Forum: Help / Support
- Topic: Thread for basic questions
- Replies: 6124
- Views: 2062038
Re: Thread for basic questions
Hello! My name is Andrew. I've been lurking and learning for about a month. Last night I submitted my first haul with apgsearch (pre-compiled Windows x86_64 version), but it has not appeared on my statistics page on Catagolue yet. I submitted another one this morning. Does it take some time? Thanks ...