Search found 9 matches
- June 3rd, 2025, 1:58 pm
- Forum: The Sandbox
- Topic: Miscellaneous sludge
- Replies: 2
- Views: 907
Re: Miscellaneous sludge
This one kind of demonstrates what I'm talking about more. It uses a plus shape, so you see horizontal and vertical lines.
- June 3rd, 2025, 1:56 pm
- Forum: The Sandbox
- Topic: Miscellaneous sludge
- Replies: 2
- Views: 907
Wave pattern
Messing around with neighborhood ranges and trying to make a neighborhood shape show up in the game space
It happens the most when there's one 'hood whose range extends significantly further than the other ones
What I'm talking about:
waves.gif
Can be seen somewhat in this one
waveslong.gif ...
It happens the most when there's one 'hood whose range extends significantly further than the other ones
What I'm talking about:
waves.gif
Can be seen somewhat in this one
waveslong.gif ...
- April 11th, 2025, 7:18 pm
- Forum: The Sandbox
- Topic: Miscellaneous sludge
- Replies: 2
- Views: 907
Miscellaneous sludge
Making another thread separate from my "playable game" thread to record fun CA things I find. I'll be messing with parameters in the engine I made for that game, but I added some other features to this particular version for purely explorative purposes. The biggest changes relate to the memory of ...
- April 8th, 2025, 2:21 pm
- Forum: Scripts
- Topic: Making a CA "game"
- Replies: 10
- Views: 9399
Re: Making a CA "game"
You interested me! Can I play this game?
Short answer: yes, but it's not a real "game" at the moment.
The last time I worked on it was around the time of my last post here. It seems like the last thing I was in the middle of working on was properly implementing the shooty part, which will ...
- April 6th, 2025, 10:32 pm
- Forum: Scripts
- Topic: Making a CA "game"
- Replies: 10
- Views: 9399
Re: Making a CA "game"
You interested me! Can I play this game?
Short answer: yes, but it's not a real "game" at the moment.
The last time I worked on it was around the time of my last post here. It seems like the last thing I was in the middle of working on was properly implementing the shooty part, which will ...
- December 15th, 2024, 1:51 am
- Forum: Scripts
- Topic: Making a CA "game"
- Replies: 10
- Views: 9399
Re: some rules I found
Here are some things I saw while messing around with parameters. [...]
[...]
This one has a few interesting ships and oscillators, but it mostly disappears quickly without leaving still life as far as I can see.
[...]
There is an object that appears to be an oblique spaceship, visible in that ...
- December 14th, 2024, 4:15 pm
- Forum: Scripts
- Topic: Making a CA "game"
- Replies: 10
- Views: 9399
some rules I found
Here are some things I saw while messing around with parameters. I won't bother to classify any of these because I will inevitably misuse the terminology/notation.
Memory means the number of past map states that a neighborhood will include.
Also, the "Generations" counter refers to the aging of ...
Memory means the number of past map states that a neighborhood will include.
Also, the "Generations" counter refers to the aging of ...
- November 27th, 2024, 1:24 am
- Forum: Scripts
- Topic: Making a CA "game"
- Replies: 10
- Views: 9399
Making a CA "game"
I call it a "1 player game". You pick a spaceship and gotta get to the end while avoiding pretty much everything. The player (blue) cells follow the same rules as the environment (Life by default) but with the addition that player cells are only created when all living neighbors are also blue, to ...
- November 26th, 2024, 11:15 pm
- Forum: Other Cellular Automata
- Topic: Miscellaneous Discoveries in Other Cellular Automata
- Replies: 5399
- Views: 1335348
Re: Miscellaneous Discoveries in Other Cellular Automata
a simple ship with a funny shape. as shrimple as that
Period: 16
Speed: 5c/14 I think
Code: Select all
x = 5, y = 3, rule = R2,C0,S4-5,7,B5
2bo$bob2o$o2b2o!Speed: 5c/14 I think