Search found 496 matches

by islptng
October 3rd, 2026, 5:04 am
Forum: Other Cellular Automata
Topic: Blogic (B3-ekqr4jz5cy6n/S2-in3-cekq4aw5-ce) and its rulespace
Replies: 65
Views: 2161

Re: Blogic (B3-ekqr4jz5cy6n/S2-in3-cekq4aw5-ce) and its rulespace

Rule 110:
x = 193, y = 232, rule = B3-ekqr4jz5cy6n/S2-in3-cekq4aw5-ceHistory
92.2A$92.2AB$93.3B$87.2A3.5B$87.2A2.5B$90.4B$89.4B$88.5B$87.7B$86.4B.
4B$85.4B3.4B$84.4B5.4B$83.4B7.4B$82.4B9.4B$81.4B11.4B$80.4B13.4B$79.
4B15.4B$78.4B17.4B$77.4B19.4B$76.4B21.4B$75.4B23.4B$74.4B25.4B$73.4B
27.4B3.2A$72 ...
by islptng
September 4th, 2026, 6:46 am
Forum: Other Cellular Automata
Topic: Blogic (B3-ekqr4jz5cy6n/S2-in3-cekq4aw5-ce) and its rulespace
Replies: 65
Views: 2161

Re: Blogic (B3-ekqr4jz5cy6n/S2-in3-cekq4aw5-ce) and its rulespace

This is my favourite component, and is probably the most useful one you'll need:

x = 66, y = 61, rule = B3-ekqr4jz5cy6n/S2-in3-cekq4aw5-ceHistory
36.BC$35.CBCB$36.2C2B$37.4B$38.4B$39.4B$40.4B$40.5B$39.7B$38.4B.4B$
37.4B3.4B$36.4B5.4B$35.4B7.4B$34.4B9.4B3.2A$33.4B11.4B2.2A$32.4B13.4B
$31.4B15.4B$30 ...
by islptng
August 20th, 2026, 8:34 pm
Forum: Other Cellular Automata
Topic: PhotonsAdjustables
Replies: 33
Views: 1288

Re: PhotonsAdjustables

So, here's PUSH1 and PULL1:

Code: Select all

x = 45, y = 37, rule = PhotonsAdjustables
3.C31.C7$3.A31.A$3.B31.B2$.A31.A$.B31.B2$2.A3.A27.A3.A$A.B3.B25.A.B3.
B$B31.B$4.A4.A26.A4.A$4.B4.B26.B4.B$12.A31.A$12.B31.B3$4.A3.A$4.B3.B$
10.A$4.A3.A.B$4.B3.B6$36.A3.A$36.B3.B$42.A$36.A3.A.B$36.B3.B!
by islptng
August 20th, 2026, 9:34 am
Forum: Other Cellular Automata
Topic: hotcrystal0's rules
Replies: 93
Views: 29493

Re: hotcrystal0's rules

x = 111, y = 32, rule = hc0-Univ
96.E2$75.E25.E$105.2B$61.E6.C27.E9.B$77.C28.2B2$62.E17.E$54.C9.E6.E$
6.B38.E$.B4.B2.B11.E$3B2.2B.B.B2.B$.B2.B.B.2B2.B10.2B22.C15.E$.B3.2B
2.2B2.B$21.E$45.E23.C2$48.E10.E$40.E15.E10.E$3.B30.E11.E25.E$21.E22.E
8.E$3.B.2B3.B28.E$3.B.B.B.B13.2B11.C$3.B.B.B2.B32.E11.C$21 ...
by islptng
August 18th, 2026, 7:29 am
Forum: Patterns
Topic: Thread for your unsure discoveries
Replies: 4041
Views: 1917964

Re: New 90 degree reflector?


Hello! I'm very new to GoL and I was just messing around in golly when I discovered a 90 degree reflector that I'm not sure is new or not.
Here it is:

#CXRLE Pos=-21,-55
x = 27, y = 34, rule = B3/S23
25bo$24bo$24b3o22$bo$2bo$3o4$5b2o$5b2o$7b2o$7b2o!
(I hope I'm doing the formatting right ...
by islptng
August 15th, 2026, 6:36 am
Forum: Other Cellular Automata
Topic: PhotonsAdjustables
Replies: 33
Views: 1288

Re: PhotonsAdjustables


c/3 rake:

x = 54, y = 15, rule = PhotonsAdjustables
24.ABC$18.CBA2.C8.ABC$21.C4.A4.C$22.AB2.B2.BA12.ABC$8.CBA26.CBA2.C8.A
BC$CBA8.C2.ABC.CBA11.ABC5.C4.A4.C$3.C4.A4.C7.C3.BAB3.C9.AB2.B2.BA$4.A
B2.B2.BA$51.ABC$CBA41.BAB3.C$3.C3.BAB13.CBA$26.C$46.ABC$5.CBA37.C$8.C
!



Please stop posting these ...
by islptng
August 5th, 2026, 6:59 am
Forum: Scripts
Topic: Miscellaneous discussion of CA algorithms and software
Replies: 38
Views: 32536

Re: Miscellaneous discussion of CA algorithms and software


Don't know, never encountered this issue. Where did you encounter this? Does it happen in Golly v5.0 or later?


Yep, I'm using Golly 5, but this also occurs in Golly 4.

Testing with this pattern:
x = 7, y = 7, rule = B2cik3-cijn4cknqr5-anqy6ekn7/S1c2acn3-aijq4cjktw5ejny6aen7c8
3bo$2bobo2 ...
by islptng
August 4th, 2026, 11:20 pm
Forum: Scripts
Topic: Miscellaneous discussion of CA algorithms and software
Replies: 38
Views: 32536

Re: Miscellaneous discussion of CA algorithms and software

LaundryPizza03 wrote: January 8th, 2026, 5:09 pm Updated version of getallisorule2.py, fixes several bugs and now returns rules in standard notation. A bugfixed version of rulestringopt is still present for programs that need it.
This script is not deterministic to me. What's wrong with it?
by islptng
July 31st, 2026, 9:55 am
Forum: The Sandbox
Topic: memes
Replies: 234
Views: 222332

Re: memes

NNlk05 wrote: July 31st, 2026, 4:36 amhorsemen.png
Wait, wait, wait, isn't "the second horseman" "adorable"??? And the 4th is not so frightening too.
by islptng
July 22nd, 2026, 4:14 am
Forum: The Sandbox
Topic: islptng's sandbox and rle pastebin
Replies: 104
Views: 29861

Re: islptng's sandbox and rle pastebin


Primer with decimal display.


Better:
x = 3, y = 3, rule = PrimeTableDecDisp
L2T$M$A! [[ ICONS ]]

@RULE PrimeTableDecDisp

@COLORS
0 255 255 0 255 255
1 255 255 255
2 255 128 0
3 255 128 0
4 0 0 255
5 128 0 255
6 0 128 255
7 255 0 255
8 255 255 0
9 255 128 0
20 255 128 0
21 128 0 128
22 128 ...
by islptng
July 19th, 2026, 11:30 am
Forum: Other Cellular Automata
Topic: PhotonsAdjustables
Replies: 33
Views: 1288

Re: PhotonsAdjustables


Next goal: XOR.


Easy:
x = 23, y = 50, rule = PhotonsAdjustables
7.C.B.C$7.C.B.C7$C.C17.C.C3$4.C.C5.C.C4$8.C.C$9.C$5.C7.C2$5.C7.C2$13.
C$.C19.C2$.C19.C2$2.C.C$10.C2$C.C3.C.C.C$16.C.C$12.C$4.C$4.C5.C.C$17.
C$4.C$.C5.C9.C2$.C5.C12.2C2$3.C16.2B2$3.C16.2C6$10.C.A.C$10.C.B.C!

Targets:

Rule 110 ...
by islptng
July 17th, 2026, 7:07 am
Forum: Other Cellular Automata
Topic: PhotonsAdjustables
Replies: 33
Views: 1288

Re: PhotonsAdjustables


Since the basic splitter as well as its capped reflector version both have a RT of 4, all oscillator and gun periods ≥4 can be proven to exist. I haven't found any p2s or p3s, but islptng might've intentionally added them to the rule. In that case, this rule is omniperiodic.


I won't make any ...
by islptng
July 15th, 2026, 3:27 am
Forum: Other Cellular Automata
Topic: A 'life-emerging' INT rule?
Replies: 31
Views: 1519

Re: A 'life-emerging' INT rule?

Reminds me this rule I made a long time ago:

Sorry about doubleposting, but it's not related:

In this rule, soup lasts very long.

#R PhotonsAdjustables
! [[ RANDOMIZE RANDWIDTH 216 RANDHEIGHT 216 ]]


EDIT:
x = 34, y = 77, rule = PhotonsAdjustables
25.2C2$25.A$25.B6$8.C12.C$8.C3.BA7.2C2$22.C ...
by islptng
July 1st, 2026, 10:57 am
Forum: Other Cellular Automata
Topic: Marzantar - B34aintw5n6an7e8/S1e3aceir4aeintwz5n6-e7e8
Replies: 22
Views: 680

Re: Marzantar - B34aintw5n6an7e8/S1e3aceir4aeintwz5n6-e7e8



You're faster than me, but here's a tagalong for the c/4o:
x = 63, y = 16, rule = B34aintw5n6an7e8/S1e3aceir4aeintwz5n6-e7e8
56bo$15b2o22b4o4b3o4bobo$8bo5b3o19b2o4bo7bo4bobo$3bobo4bobo2b2o5bo9b2o
bobo2b4o3b3obob2o$2b2obo12bobo2b2o2bo5bo3b2o2bob6ob3o5b2o$4bob6o2b2o3b ...
by islptng
June 29th, 2026, 5:40 am
Forum: The Sandbox
Topic: Thread for your miscellaneous posts and discussions
Replies: 988
Views: 197447

Re: Thread for your miscellaneous posts and discussions


There's this rule:




I had this, a ternary version of NORworld, which is far better than that:

NORworld, but ternary.
@RULE NORworld_Ternary

@COLORS
0 0 0 0
1 255 0 0
2 0 0 255
3 0 255 0

@TABLE
n_states:4
neighborhood:Moore
symmetries:rotate4reflect

var a = {0,1,2,3}
var b = a
var c = a ...
by islptng
June 25th, 2026, 6:37 am
Forum: Bugs & Errors
Topic: lifeviewer bug
Replies: 781
Views: 318354

Re: lifeviewer bug

I copied this to my clipboard.
x = 0, y = 0, rule = LogiTopia5
16ADBA$$ADBAAADBAADCCCBDCBA!
Trying to paste this into LifeViewer results into nothing. Maybe it's just that the X and Y aren't correct, but here's a BUG:

When I selected some area and clicked Clipboard>Paste to Seln. Lifeviewer ...
by islptng
June 25th, 2026, 6:31 am
Forum: Other Cellular Automata
Topic: NORworld series: TC wiring rules
Replies: 26
Views: 8679

Re: NORworld series: TC wiring rules


How am I supposed to use them?


You probably noticed the
#
# # # #
mark on each input/output. This mark means "The top line is clock signal, and the bottom line is the data signal, pointing right".
So, basically, you can just paste the output of this script if you want to input an integer ...
by islptng
June 24th, 2026, 8:38 pm
Forum: Other Cellular Automata
Topic: NORworld series: TC wiring rules
Replies: 26
Views: 8679

Re: NORworld series: TC wiring rules


Super simple keypad:
snip
Though maybe less aesthetically pleasing than the NORworld3 version since it doesn't turn all white.

EDIT:
Write-only memory:
snip
"Your data is perfectly secure -- nobody can access it!"


Here's a numpad, wait for me for the accumulator:
x = 95, y = 128, rule ...
by islptng
June 23rd, 2026, 5:12 am
Forum: Other Cellular Automata
Topic: NORworld series: TC wiring rules
Replies: 26
Views: 8679

Re: NORworld series: TC wiring rules


This NOT gate wasn't included in islptng's stamp collection thingie for some reason:
x = 26, y = 3, rule = LogiTopia5
ADBADBDCB3A$11.D14C$11.A!



It was included as an XNOR gate.

===========
16-bit multiplier:
x = 84, y = 62, rule = LogiTopia5
11.C$8.4C$21.3A2DA$2.19A4.A$22.A3.A$2.17A3.2DA2 ...
by islptng
June 22nd, 2026, 9:54 am
Forum: Other Cellular Automata
Topic: NORworld series: TC wiring rules
Replies: 26
Views: 8679

Re: NORworld series: TC wiring rules

Introducing the Brand-new rule LogiTopia5 !
x = 154, y = 163, rule = LogiTopia5
62.2A$2C23.2C.8C15.2C8.A.A2.7C$2C23.2C.8C15.2C9.2A2.7C$2C29.2C33.2C$
2C8.5C3.6C.2C4.2C3.5C2.6C2.2C2.5C6.2C$2C7.7C.7C.2C4.2C2.7C.7C.2C2.6C
5.6C$2C7.2C3.2C.2C3.2C.2C4.2C2.2C3.2C.2C3.2C.2C6.2C5.7C$2C7.2C3.2C.2C
3.2C.2C4 ...
by islptng
June 21st, 2026, 7:30 pm
Forum: The Sandbox
Topic: islptng's sandbox and rle pastebin
Replies: 104
Views: 29861

Re: islptng's sandbox and rle pastebin


I don't think islptng is returning until July (which isn't far away).


I am, indeed, back. July is just an approximate date; I actually mean "the final exam's date". The Exam finished on Jun 21st.

---

By the way, here's an abandonned NORworld rule:
#ReGatesWorld5s
!

@RULE GatesWorld5s

Yet ...
by islptng
February 23rd, 2026, 2:48 am
Forum: The Sandbox
Topic: Underdeveloped Rule Project
Replies: 4
Views: 378

Re: Underdeveloped Rule Project

User:I am islptng/OCA:T-and-Tub is already overdeveloped, so I nominate User:I am islptng/OCA:T-logic#T-logic_4(B3ain4ajkz5ejknq6-ac7e/S1e2-cn3-aenq4-ajntw5ikqy6-i7e).

Thread here (dead).
by islptng
February 14th, 2026, 8:16 pm
Forum: The Sandbox
Topic: Thread for your miscellaneous posts and discussions
Replies: 988
Views: 197447

Re: Thread for your miscellaneous posts and discussions



Evolves into 4 queen bees. I found this when I'm randomly painting in Golly.

Golly isn't a drawing tool and can't save patterns as images. You should use proper drawing software and post images to proper places.

No, instead, I think Golly is a great pixel art editor... and he didn't post an ...
by islptng
February 1st, 2026, 10:24 pm
Forum: Other Cellular Automata
Topic: NORworld series: TC wiring rules
Replies: 26
Views: 8679

Re: NORworld series: TC wiring rules


Crossposting the number input keyboard from my sandbox, with a remade 8-segment-handwritten-font 0-65536 decimal display:


Too ugly, made a better one:
x = 651, y = 237, rule = NORworld3
248.30A59.30A59.30A59.30C59.30C$244.34A.10A44.34A.10A44.34A.10A44.34C
.10C44.34C.10C$242.35A.A10.A41.35A.A10 ...
by islptng
January 28th, 2026, 4:42 am
Forum: The Sandbox
Topic: Birthdays
Replies: 1005
Views: 370889

Re: Birthdays

Congratulations to: islptng[me!](15)

Any gifts for me?