Search found 2 matches
- January 19th, 2024, 6:40 pm
- Forum: General Discussion
- Topic: 2D circular or spiral motion
- Replies: 5
- Views: 10012
Re: 2D circular or spiral motion
Fantastic! The compact rule specification and inline viewer are really great. If I understand right there is no known standard GOL (which again iiuc is specified by R1,C2,S2-3,B3) that shows circular/spiral motion but only those variants you showed - so what is it about the different rules, that ...
- January 18th, 2024, 10:58 pm
- Forum: General Discussion
- Topic: 2D circular or spiral motion
- Replies: 5
- Views: 10012
2D circular or spiral motion
All of the 'gliders' that I've seen seem to go in straight lines indefinitely. The only forum posts I've seen referring to circular or spiral motion are for 3D automata - are there any 2D gliders that exhibit circular or spiral motion?