Search found 8 matches

by Marjamjelly
October 21st, 2024, 6:58 pm
Forum: The Sandbox
Topic: Interesting math stuff
Replies: 4
Views: 729

Interesting math stuff

I am interested in recreational mathematics and am looking for other just cool/fun ath related things like cgol, four fours, square packing, etc.

I don’t know what this genre is called or really how to describe it but I want help because any searches just yield things made for children.
by Marjamjelly
March 22nd, 2024, 8:25 pm
Forum: Patterns
Topic: Thread For Your Useless Discoveries
Replies: 5143
Views: 2223246

Re: Thread For Your Useless Discoveries

Marjamjelly wrote: March 22nd, 2024, 8:23 pm I was messing around and found some cool patterns with one thick lines. After stabilizing it resembles two sierpiński triangles reflected over the x-axis.
Oops! The pattern was too big. Here is the image:
screenshot.png
screenshot.png (34.84 KiB) Viewed 4756 times
by Marjamjelly
March 22nd, 2024, 8:23 pm
Forum: Patterns
Topic: Thread For Your Useless Discoveries
Replies: 5143
Views: 2223246

Re: Thread For Your Useless Discoveries

I was messing around and found some cool patterns with one thick lines. After stabilizing it resembles two sierpiński triangles reflected over the x-axis.

x = 1, y = 8172, rule = B3/S23
o$o$o$o$o$o$o$o$o$o$o$o$o$o$o$o$o$o$o$o$o$o$o$o$o$o$o$o$o$o$o$o$o$o$o
$o$o$o$o$o$o$o$o$o$o$o$o$o$o$o$o$o$o$o$o$o ...
by Marjamjelly
January 26th, 2024, 7:31 pm
Forum: Help / Support
Topic: Thread for basic questions
Replies: 6120
Views: 2058042

Re: Thread for basic questions

I am looking for information on other rules besides B3/S23, and what B3/S23 even means. I know that the numbers represent the birth/death values for cells, but I am looking for more info. I’ve also noticed that in some of the RLE files in posts have rules that are words or phrases. What is that all ...
by Marjamjelly
January 26th, 2024, 4:55 pm
Forum: Patterns
Topic: Thread for your unsure discoveries
Replies: 4039
Views: 1915646

Re: Thread for your unsure discoveries






It is the blinker , the smallest oscillator in Life.

I apologize for the unnecessary post, but I wondered what the general response would be if someone posted the blinker in this category.


In other words, that was basically a post "to see how others would feel to the phenomenon" or ...
by Marjamjelly
January 26th, 2024, 2:45 pm
Forum: Patterns
Topic: Thread for your unsure discoveries
Replies: 4039
Views: 1915646

Re: Thread for your unsure discoveries



I am not sure if this has been discovered before, but it seems like a simple oscillator.
x = 3, y = 1, rule = B3/S23
3o!


It is the blinker , the smallest oscillator in Life.

I apologize for the unnecessary post, but I wondered what the general response would be if someone posted the ...
by Marjamjelly
January 25th, 2024, 4:55 pm
Forum: Patterns
Topic: Thread for your unsure discoveries
Replies: 4039
Views: 1915646

Re: Thread for your unsure discoveries

I am not sure if this has been discovered before, but it seems like a simple oscillator.

Code: Select all

 x = 3, y = 1, rule = B3/S23
3o!
by Marjamjelly
January 17th, 2024, 10:36 am
Forum: LifeWiki Discussion
Topic: LifeWiki Trusted Account Request Thread - Post requests here
Replies: 1066
Views: 577243

Re: LifeWiki Trusted Account Request Thread - Post requests here

May I acquire the trusted flag? I am new, and the ability to edit pages later on is a comfort I would like to have.