Search found 340 matches
- Today, 12:30 am
- Forum: Patterns
- Topic: The hunt for the ever-elusive piship
- Replies: 21
- Views: 907
Re: The hunt for the ever-elusive piship
I'd like to bring this thread back up since we made a lot of progress but interest seems to have died down. Anyone have any ideas for moving forward? Maybe a script for finding pi combinations? :mrgreen:
This post was initially going to be a post about how far away we are from a piship, but now ...
- October 8th, 2026, 1:33 am
- Forum: The Sandbox
- Topic: Objects a la carte
- Replies: 187
- Views: 66190
Re: Objects a la carte
I personally don't like solutions that rely on timing, like the previous two posts, but I won't stop anyone from making them.
Here's a 3-7 solution for a beacon (no timing required):
x = 99, y = 13, rule = LifeHistory
45.2C15.2A16.2A14.C2A$46.C15.2A16.2A15.2A$79.C$25.2A15.2A15.2A16.2A$24.
A.A14.A ...
- September 28th, 2026, 10:13 pm
- Forum: Patterns
- Topic: Thread for your chaos-edgeshooting reactions that can probably yield new conduits
- Replies: 199
- Views: 78510
Re: Thread for your chaos-edgeshooting reactions that can probably yield new conduits
Transparent block, just posting here to not lose it, I’ll try to convert this into a conduit:
Code: Select all
x = 19, y = 32, rule = B3/S23
15bo$15b3o$18bo$17b2o8$5b2o$5b2o3$o$2o$b2o$2o12$5b2o$5b2o!
- September 27th, 2026, 11:12 am
- Forum: General Discussion
- Topic: Life with AI: a free GPU-glow Life player in the browser (first post, feedback welcome)
- Replies: 4
- Views: 298
Re: Life with AI: a free GPU-glow Life player in the browser (first post, feedback welcome)
Actually, I think the 4 arms pattern is really impressive for an AI. I mean, it got all the patterns in correctly, except for a 6x6 soup at the bottom which it seems to have forgotten to add
#N Four Arms
#O shanepkearney
#C A four-armed "X" of glider streams (from corner guns) converges on a
#C ...
#N Four Arms
#O shanepkearney
#C A four-armed "X" of glider streams (from corner guns) converges on a
#C ...
- September 26th, 2026, 9:17 pm
- Forum: General Discussion
- Topic: Golly 1.6 for iPad
- Replies: 4
- Views: 116
Re: Golly 1.6 for iPad
Golly 1.6 for iPad is now available from the App Store:
https://apps.apple.com/app/golly/id553184760
Changes:
* Fixed crashes on iOS 27.
* The button between All and Paste now has a text label (Edit) rather than an image.
* The New button asks if you want to save your changes.
* No more beeps ...
- September 25th, 2026, 1:44 pm
- Forum: Patterns
- Topic: Thread for your chaos-edgeshooting reactions that can probably yield new conduits
- Replies: 199
- Views: 78510
Re: Thread for your chaos-edgeshooting reactions that can probably yield new conduits
Dirty r-PentOmIno:
x = 31, y = 49, rule = B3/S23
15bo$15b3o$18bo$17b2o8$5b2o$5b2o3$o$2o$b2o$2o27$27b2o$27bo$28b3o$30bo!
Edit 1:
Erm… supressing the herschel output, eater head tie carrier?!
x = 39, y = 49, rule = B3/S23
15bo$15b3o$18bo$17b2o8$5b2o$5b2o3$o$2o$b2o$2o21$37b2o$37b2o5$27b2o$27b
o ...
x = 31, y = 49, rule = B3/S23
15bo$15b3o$18bo$17b2o8$5b2o$5b2o3$o$2o$b2o$2o27$27b2o$27bo$28b3o$30bo!
Edit 1:
Erm… supressing the herschel output, eater head tie carrier?!
x = 39, y = 49, rule = B3/S23
15bo$15b3o$18bo$17b2o8$5b2o$5b2o3$o$2o$b2o$2o21$37b2o$37b2o5$27b2o$27b
o ...
- September 21st, 2026, 10:45 pm
- Forum: Patterns
- Topic: (12,4)c/62 technology
- Replies: 85
- Views: 22484
Re: (12,4)c/62 technology
Known? (LWSS (some direction) rake), quite trivial:
x = 671, y = 693, rule = B3/S23
54$450b3o12b2o$452bo11b4o$451bo12b2ob2o$446bo19b2o$446b2o$445bobo3b3o
31b2o$450bo2bo29b2ob2o$435b2o16bo29b4o$435b2o16bo30b2o17b2o$450bobo49b
4o$502b2ob2o$447b2o55b2o$446bobo$448bo74b2o$420b2o99b2ob2o$419bobo20b ...
x = 671, y = 693, rule = B3/S23
54$450b3o12b2o$452bo11b4o$451bo12b2ob2o$446bo19b2o$446b2o$445bobo3b3o
31b2o$450bo2bo29b2ob2o$435b2o16bo29b4o$435b2o16bo30b2o17b2o$450bobo49b
4o$502b2ob2o$447b2o55b2o$446bobo$448bo74b2o$420b2o99b2ob2o$419bobo20b ...
- September 12th, 2026, 11:49 pm
- Forum: Website Discussion
- Topic: LLM "support"
- Replies: 3
- Views: 251
Re: LLM "support"
For novice computer-ers like me, having an LLM that doesn’t talk nonsense about CA every 3 seconds is very helpful, I have to say, for installing programs/coding. It also really bugs me, to be honest, when LLMs talk nonsense. :D
Of course, there are downsides, but I think the attachment issue can ...
Of course, there are downsides, but I think the attachment issue can ...
- September 12th, 2026, 7:24 am
- Forum: The Sandbox
- Topic: Word Chains (Game) 2.0
- Replies: 89
- Views: 17854
Re: Word Chains (Game) 2.0
Lock (this thread)1and0nlycordershippr wrote: September 12th, 2026, 7:18 amLuck.d binedrkfdrtgy wrote: September 12th, 2026, 7:06 amcioverleafunname4798 wrote: August 16th, 2026, 4:26 am
Wash (Gallus is a brand that releases gels that wash clothes)
- September 9th, 2026, 11:09 pm
- Forum: Other Cellular Automata
- Topic: Thread For Your Unrecognised CA
- Replies: 3901
- Views: 1401284
Re: Thread For Your Unrecognised CA
A rule where the hive is a failedrep, leading to very interesting behavior:
x = 15, y = 15, rule = B2e3-jnqr8/S234cijrty
b2o5b2o2b3o$8b2o$4bo3bo2bo2bo$2bobo2bo2bo2bo$8bo$2bo2bo3b2ob3o$3bo$2bo
2bob2o2bo$6bo3bo2bo$4b2o3bo2bo$8bo3bobo$bobo4bo3b2o$bo4bobo2b2o$13bo$o
6b2o3bo!
The pi is also common ...
x = 15, y = 15, rule = B2e3-jnqr8/S234cijrty
b2o5b2o2b3o$8b2o$4bo3bo2bo2bo$2bobo2bo2bo2bo$8bo$2bo2bo3b2ob3o$3bo$2bo
2bob2o2bo$6bo3bo2bo$4b2o3bo2bo$8bo3bobo$bobo4bo3b2o$bo4bobo2b2o$13bo$o
6b2o3bo!
The pi is also common ...
- September 9th, 2026, 8:31 pm
- Forum: Other Cellular Automata
- Topic: Travelling Ts(b3s23-a5) and its variants
- Replies: 1316
- Views: 100555
Re: Travelling Ts(b3s23-a5) and its variants
1. Yes, but unsuccessfully. Done by ThePlayzr, who (no offence, just like me) doesn't seem very experienced in synthesizing.
2. The 3c/8o makes searches immediately become extremely slow , according to a chat I had with ThePlayzr about it in PMs. That was qfind though, and another search program ...
- September 9th, 2026, 8:16 am
- Forum: The Sandbox
- Topic: Luveel's compute vault
- Replies: 19
- Views: 537
Re: Luveel's compute vault
c/6o searches in B34q/S23-k in LLSSS/qfind (any is fine, I'm not completely sure which is better. In terms of symmetry, it seems like C1 and D2_2 are the best). Note that I've done ikpx2 up to w8, although I'm not sure because different programs have different widths...
w10/11 would be nice. Just ...
w10/11 would be nice. Just ...
- September 8th, 2026, 10:09 pm
- Forum: The Sandbox
- Topic: who did always remove thread to sandbox?
- Replies: 47
- Views: 1766
Re: who did always remove thread to sandbox?
hei, What I want to say is that land shape led characters shape by people.
R is just one Eigen letter of Europe language system. Other details would be reflected from other letters.
For example,UK's eigen letter is another one, and from that pattern,Northern Ireland is in UK map. I heard ...
- September 6th, 2026, 1:36 am
- Forum: Other Cellular Automata
- Topic: B3ain678/S3458 ada's rule
- Replies: 32
- Views: 7801
Re: B3ain678/S3458 ada's rule
I’m not gonna join in on the reflector/splitter discussion, I’m not interested in it. But the signal gives a bunch on new things. As a primer, here are 3 90 degree inward turners, in my collection:
x = 82, y = 31, rule = B3ain678/S3458History
70.3D.3D.D$42.3D.3D.D19.D.D.D.D$42.D.D.D.D21.3D.D.D.D ...
x = 82, y = 31, rule = B3ain678/S3458History
70.3D.3D.D$42.3D.3D.D19.D.D.D.D$42.D.D.D.D21.3D.D.D.D ...
- September 3rd, 2026, 7:44 pm
- Forum: Other Cellular Automata
- Topic: Blogic (B3-ekqr4jz5cy6n/S2-in3-cekq4aw5-ce) and its rulespace
- Replies: 67
- Views: 2301
Re: Blogic (B3-ekqr4jz5cy6n/S2-in3-cekq4aw5-ce) and its rulespace
It’s one of the glittters. forgot which one though.I6_I6 wrote: September 3rd, 2026, 3:02 pm This rule seems awfully familiar, but I can't put my finger on it. It isn't MirrorLife, or GliderGlut, but I've definitely seen that splitter and the Q.
Edit: I think it was a rule by dani. I've also seen that block eating reaction before.
- September 2nd, 2026, 10:13 pm
- Forum: Patterns
- Topic: Thread For Your Accidental Discoveries
- Replies: 2371
- Views: 1711495
Re: Thread For Your Accidental Discoveries
x = 22, y = 21, rule = B3/S23
2bo$bobo$obo$bo3$14bo$13bo$13b3o3$13b2o$12bo2bo$13bo2bo$14b2o2$19b3o$
17bob3o$16bobobo$16bo2bo$17b2o!
A pattern that makes 2 LWSSes. I was just messing around with the g+mango, added a dot spark, realised it made a glider, added a mold to try to support it, and out ...
2bo$bobo$obo$bo3$14bo$13bo$13b3o3$13b2o$12bo2bo$13bo2bo$14b2o2$19b3o$
17bob3o$16bobobo$16bo2bo$17b2o!
A pattern that makes 2 LWSSes. I was just messing around with the g+mango, added a dot spark, realised it made a glider, added a mold to try to support it, and out ...
- September 1st, 2026, 7:03 pm
- Forum: The Sandbox
- Topic: Thread for your miscellaneous posts and discussions
- Replies: 988
- Views: 197657
Re: Thread for your miscellaneous posts and discussions
I want this thread locked too. It seems like we can’t have an RPG-type thread without sand-kicking . In fact, a large reason I wanted to revive this thread was to grief the map with a huge [s]tnt duper[/s] rake, and also expand, but then I realized that that would lead to possibly the BIGGEST ...
- September 1st, 2026, 8:42 am
- Forum: Help / Support
- Topic: Thread for basic questions
- Replies: 6124
- Views: 2062594
Re: Thread for basic questions
Can an infinite number of orthogonal waveguide s be created in this way? Or are these all the same waveguide?
x = 199, y = 167, rule = LifeHistory
9.A3.A3.A3.A3.A3.A3.A3.A3.A3.A3.A3.A3.A3.A3.A3.A3.A3.A3.A3.A3.A3.A3.A
3.A3.A3.A3.A3.A3.A3.A3.A3.A3.A3.A3.A3.A3.A3.A3.A3.A3.A3.A3.A3.A3.A3.A
3.A3.A$8.A ...
- September 1st, 2026, 7:36 am
- Forum: Other Cellular Automata
- Topic: B34q/S23-k(ObliquePufferLife)
- Replies: 177
- Views: 46983
Re: B34q/S23-k(ObliquePufferLife)
“Developments” (mostly just porting from CGOL) of catatalysts are really exciting, so new post. First, I don’t know why I thought the original CGoL stator of the above catalyst didn’t work, and also realized BTS works but has a different evolution. Meaning that in more complicated use cases it may ...
- September 1st, 2026, 12:08 am
- Forum: The Sandbox
- Topic: 2beacon2table
- Replies: 184
- Views: 38207
Re: 2beacon2table
I want this thread locked too. It seems like we can’t have an RPG-type thread without sand-kicking . In fact, a large reason I wanted to revive this thread was to grief the map with a huge [s]tnt duper[/s] rake, and also expand, but then I realized that that would lead to possibly the BIGGEST sand ...
- August 30th, 2026, 2:27 am
- Forum: The Sandbox
- Topic: 2beacon2table
- Replies: 184
- Views: 38207
Re: 2beacon2table
legit don’t know why I’m bumping this but here goes nothing…
x = 1522, y = 1304, rule = LifeSuper
516.M2.M496.M2.M496.M2.M$516.4M496.4M496.4M$514.2M4.2M492.2M4.2M492.
2M4.2M$515.M.2M.M494.M.2M.M494.M.2M.M$515.M.2M.M494.M.2M.M494.M.2M.M$
514.2M4.2M492.2M4.2M492.2M4.2M$516.4M496.4M496.4M$516.M2.M496 ...
x = 1522, y = 1304, rule = LifeSuper
516.M2.M496.M2.M496.M2.M$516.4M496.4M496.4M$514.2M4.2M492.2M4.2M492.
2M4.2M$515.M.2M.M494.M.2M.M494.M.2M.M$515.M.2M.M494.M.2M.M494.M.2M.M$
514.2M4.2M492.2M4.2M492.2M4.2M$516.4M496.4M496.4M$516.M2.M496 ...
- August 29th, 2026, 7:36 pm
- Forum: Other Cellular Automata
- Topic: The AROSICA project: A Real OS In CA
- Replies: 16
- Views: 593
Re: The AROSICA project: A Real OS In
After all, I would definitely want this machine to be in the most iconic CA of them all.
It makes enough sense.
However I think two color displays are kinda boring.
VGA was developed almost 40 years ago. I think it should be possible nowadays to make at least 8 bits per pixel display (16 bpp ...
- August 29th, 2026, 5:51 am
- Forum: Other Cellular Automata
- Topic: The AROSICA project: A Real OS In CA
- Replies: 16
- Views: 593
Re: The AROSICA project: A Real OS In
I don’t really know much about hashlife/computing in general, but what if we simply make it hashlife-friendly? Each hash could store an operation, and then we would pretty much be back to normal speed? Correct me if I’m wrong.
For other things, here are my suggestions. RAM should be reasonable but ...
For other things, here are my suggestions. RAM should be reasonable but ...
- August 26th, 2026, 5:44 am
- Forum: Scripts
- Topic: rlifesrc "bug" involving spaceship partials and fix
- Replies: 0
- Views: 64
rlifesrc "bug" involving spaceship partials and fix
First, I don't seem to be able to find a special rlifesrc thread, so I'm making a new one.
This is quite important, as I feel like many people (including past me) have encountered this problem. Moving this thread to one of the general script-related threads is probably bad, since then people wouldn ...
This is quite important, as I feel like many people (including past me) have encountered this problem. Moving this thread to one of the general script-related threads is probably bad, since then people wouldn ...
- August 23rd, 2026, 10:43 am
- Forum: Other Cellular Automata
- Topic: Rules 2 transitions from Life
- Replies: 672
- Views: 177990
Re: Spaceship identification
Today, i was hanging around in the Non-Totalistic OCA rule B3/S23-e4e in Golly when i accidentally created a spaceship while drawing. I do not know anything about the spaceship except its RLE and period, which is period 64. Could someone identify this spaceship, and tell me if its potentially a ...