Search found 3 matches

by Con man
April 27th, 2023, 12:18 pm
Forum: General Discussion
Topic: Kind of new to this. Wondering if Conway's game of Life can really be used for real life simulations
Replies: 4
Views: 3205

Kind of new to this. Wondering if Conway's game of Life can really be used for real life simulations

Hello.
I am kind of new to this, but Conway's game of Life looks cool.

I am wondering if it can be used to simulate real life things.

For instance maybe it can be used for weather, windflow. Or maybe it could be used for some sort of AI... Any thoughts..
by Con man
April 27th, 2023, 12:14 pm
Forum: Patterns
Topic: amling wave searches braindump
Replies: 114
Views: 13076

Re: amling wave searches braindump


3c/6 completed. Similar to 2c/4 I was only looking for stretchers as I assume earlier covers our interest in 3c/6 waves and I was searching with severe deduplication. I got some zebra stripes fronts (I believe all known, all c/2) and this one multi block puffer:


x = 91, y = 36, rule = B3/S23 ...
by Con man
April 27th, 2023, 12:10 pm
Forum: Scripts
Topic: Using tensorflow to run CGOL
Replies: 8
Views: 13867

Re: Using tensorflow to run CGOL



I've finally managed to write CGOL iterator using tensorflow, which is the adaption of LifeAPI iterator.

You can run it on whatever hardware that supports tf. Like GPU, multi GPU, TPU, cluster computing etc. they all have acceleration for tf and bitwise operations are part of its specification ...