Search found 14 matches
- February 2nd, 2023, 3:51 pm
- Forum: LifeWiki Discussion
- Topic: Non-notable Pages
- Replies: 13
- Views: 21988
Non-notable Pages
I propose an idea to put pattern pages that are removed from the wiki for not being notable into a larger page for patterns like that. I have already created an example of what this page could look like for this purpose. https://conwaylife.com/wiki/Non-notable_Oscillators This is also a good ...
- February 2nd, 2023, 11:28 am
- Forum: General Discussion
- Topic: Catagolue Oddities
- Replies: 845
- Views: 488874
Re: Catagolue Oddities
That makes a lot more sense now. Ty!
- February 2nd, 2023, 11:10 am
- Forum: General Discussion
- Topic: Catagolue Oddities
- Replies: 845
- Views: 488874
Re: Catagolue Oddities
Oh, I didn't know that. Also what do mean by that the cells are 3x3 squares? How does it work when only part of the square is on but part of it isn't.
- February 1st, 2023, 6:57 pm
- Forum: General Discussion
- Topic: Catagolue Oddities
- Replies: 845
- Views: 488874
Re: Catagolue Oddities
The only census for the rule Iceballs contains only period 5 oscillators. This is especially weird considering how basic & common some photons are in that rule. Also there is a p2 oscillator with just 2 cells that should be able to be picked-up by any census unless it was only looking for p5 ...
- January 25th, 2023, 10:54 am
- Forum: LifeWiki Discussion
- Topic: FAQ
- Replies: 16
- Views: 11897
Re: FAQ
Thank you, I didn't realize that I had to name it like that. Also how do you make a redirect page?hotdogPi wrote: January 25th, 2023, 10:00 am I moved it from the main namespace to the LifeWiki namespace, since it's not an article. The page was only moved, not deleted. LifeWiki:FAQ
- January 25th, 2023, 10:43 am
- Forum: LifeWiki Discussion
- Topic: FAQ
- Replies: 16
- Views: 11897
- January 25th, 2023, 9:59 am
- Forum: LifeWiki Discussion
- Topic: FAQ
- Replies: 16
- Views: 11897
Re: FAQ
This is the link to the page https://conwaylife.com/wiki/FAQ
- January 25th, 2023, 9:52 am
- Forum: LifeWiki Discussion
- Topic: FAQ
- Replies: 16
- Views: 11897
FAQ
I've seen people want an FAQ page on the wiki, its also in the task list so I'm going to make it. Please respond with a question or an answer.
I have a question first though, what is the intended way to make a new page, I know how to make one by typing a non-extant page name in the url but I don't ...
I have a question first though, what is the intended way to make a new page, I know how to make one by typing a non-extant page name in the url but I don't ...
- January 20th, 2023, 12:18 pm
- Forum: LifeWiki Discussion
- Topic: LifeWiki Trusted Account Request Thread - Post requests here
- Replies: 1066
- Views: 577708
- January 20th, 2023, 11:15 am
- Forum: LifeWiki Discussion
- Topic: LifeWiki Trusted Account Request Thread - Post requests here
- Replies: 1066
- Views: 577708
Re: LifeWiki Trusted Account Request Thread - Post requests here
Can I get a trusted flag? Same username (Apersoma)
- January 19th, 2023, 12:53 pm
- Forum: General Discussion
- Topic: Unproven conjectures
- Replies: 559
- Views: 301784
Re: Unproven conjectures
Yes, also I think I came up with a more formal definition: a pattern that exhibits infinite growth but given a random generation # you cannot give the pattern of that generation without going through every generation before it. If by the metacell you mean using the metacell to replicate the 5n+1 ...
- January 19th, 2023, 9:51 am
- Forum: General Discussion
- Topic: If you could automate the search for something in GOL, what would it be?
- Replies: 2
- Views: 1847
Re: If you could automate the search for something in GOL, what would it be?
Puffers that puff gliders for synthesis
- January 19th, 2023, 9:03 am
- Forum: General Discussion
- Topic: Unproven conjectures
- Replies: 559
- Views: 301784
Re: Unproven conjectures
I mean that the pattern doesn't have a reasonably predictable growth, that there is no real variation in the objects created, though its hard to get a concrete definition of things like that. Also I was playing around with the highlife replicator & I found something that fits the type of thing I'm ...
- January 17th, 2023, 11:07 am
- Forum: General Discussion
- Topic: Unproven conjectures
- Replies: 559
- Views: 301784
Re: Unproven conjectures
I'm not sure if due to being Turing complete this cannot be proven, this also may have already been proven but I don't think this conjecture has been proven:
There exists a finite object that exhibits infinite non-repeating growth which can be proven to exhibit infinite non-repeating growth.
An ...
There exists a finite object that exhibits infinite non-repeating growth which can be proven to exhibit infinite non-repeating growth.
An ...