Search found 15 matches
- August 1st, 2026, 4:48 am
- Forum: General Discussion
- Topic: Algorithm for reversing the GoL rules
- Replies: 23
- Views: 15908
Re: Algorithm for reversing the GoL rules
I've been working on implementing an approach to predecessor searching that AFAIK hasn't been tried before, and also I've trying to use this with deep learning to try and choose 'good' predecessors. My experiments were ultimately not as successful as I would've liked, resulting in modest, but not ...
- June 29th, 2025, 2:38 pm
- Forum: The Sandbox
- Topic: Thread for your miscellaneous posts and discussions
- Replies: 986
- Views: 197236
Re: Thread for your miscellaneous posts and discussions
Why there aren't any Indian users? This might because:
Low education for most people
Low development for most area
3. the nazi goverment (the real reason cause 1&2)
I want to say that there are Indian people on this forum, for example me. (though I haven't been very active because I was ...
- October 21st, 2024, 3:04 pm
- Forum: Scripts
- Topic: Multi Period Photon Searcher
- Replies: 9
- Views: 8392
Re: Multi Period Photon Searcher
I have finally put up the latest version on github here: MPPS
There are quite a lot of changes in how you have to use it, hopefully making it much more convenient. More details should be in the readme file
It's somewhat annoying to have to compile a separate program, run it with the desired rule ...
There are quite a lot of changes in how you have to use it, hopefully making it much more convenient. More details should be in the readme file
It's somewhat annoying to have to compile a separate program, run it with the desired rule ...
- October 10th, 2024, 3:41 am
- Forum: Other Cellular Automata
- Topic: Spaceships in Life-like cellular automata
- Replies: 955
- Views: 310846
Re: Spaceships in Life-like cellular automata
Excellent work! I was actually intending to suggest such a bulk search today, but you got to it before I could make the suggestion. I do believe there will be more to find with this method. It can also be used to identify nearby rules that have potential for such spaceships.
I've now searched ...
- October 10th, 2024, 2:58 am
- Forum: Scripts
- Topic: Multi Period Photon Searcher
- Replies: 9
- Views: 8392
Re: Multi Period Photon Searcher
Here is version 0.2 of the program. There have been a lot of improvements over the previous version. The biggest ones are:
You can enable parallel evolution by using the optimal5 library and genrulecode.cpp to generate code. This greatly improves speed, but can't be used in bulk searches. You ...
You can enable parallel evolution by using the optimal5 library and genrulecode.cpp to generate code. This greatly improves speed, but can't be used in bulk searches. You ...
- October 8th, 2024, 2:43 pm
- Forum: Other Cellular Automata
- Topic: Spaceships in Life-like cellular automata
- Replies: 955
- Views: 310846
Re: Spaceships in Life-like cellular automata
I have found some p2 and 4 photons that work in rules without any previously known ships
x = 30, y = 35, rule = B2456/S124678
8bo12bo$7b3o10b3o$6b5o8b5o$7b5o6b5o$5b6o8b6o$7b6o4b6o$6b5o8b5o$7b3obo
6bob3o$5b6ob6ob6o$7b3ob8ob3o$6b4ob8ob4o$7b16o$5b6o2bo2bo2b6o$7b2o2bo2b
2o2bo2b2o$6b3ob10ob3o ...
x = 30, y = 35, rule = B2456/S124678
8bo12bo$7b3o10b3o$6b5o8b5o$7b5o6b5o$5b6o8b6o$7b6o4b6o$6b5o8b5o$7b3obo
6bob3o$5b6ob6ob6o$7b3ob8ob3o$6b4ob8ob4o$7b16o$5b6o2bo2bo2b6o$7b2o2bo2b
2o2bo2b2o$6b3ob10ob3o ...
- September 27th, 2024, 12:32 pm
- Forum: Scripts
- Topic: Multi Period Photon Searcher
- Replies: 9
- Views: 8392
Re: Multi Period Photon Searcher
Very cool!
Thanks!
By the way, I tried compiling with g++, but got the error
ulti_period_photon_searcherv0.1.cpp:235:32: error: call to non-‘constexpr’ function...
This seems to be caused by using the non-constant variable birth_survival in a constexpr function. It compiled after I removed ...
- September 26th, 2024, 2:08 pm
- Forum: Scripts
- Topic: Multi Period Photon Searcher
- Replies: 9
- Views: 8392
Multi Period Photon Searcher
Multi-period photon searcher is a search program which can be used to find photons with large (or small, but its less suited for them) periods. It can be set up to search for a specific period or it can be set up to search all periods less than a maximum period. Interestingly, the time taken to ...
- September 25th, 2024, 8:49 am
- Forum: Other Cellular Automata
- Topic: Spaceships in Life-like cellular automata
- Replies: 955
- Views: 310846
Re: Spaceships in Life-like cellular automata
I found an interesting family of high period photons in B24/S27
Very cool! How did you find them? What program did you use? There aren't many programs that can handle high-period photons.
I found them using a c++ search program that I wrote. It is very similar to photonsrc by LaundryPizza03 ...
- September 25th, 2024, 1:41 am
- Forum: Other Cellular Automata
- Topic: Spaceships in Life-like cellular automata
- Replies: 955
- Views: 310846
Re: Spaceships in Life-like cellular automata
I found an interesting family of high period photons in B24/S27
x = 259, y = 90, rule = B27/S24
2bo5bo3bo2bo45bo$o6bo3bo4b45o$o6b3obobo47bo$2bo6bo4b2obo3bo2b5o5b2o6bo
4bo$3b8o2bobobo6bo2bo3bo3bo2bobob2o8bobobo$9bo4b2obo3bo2b5o5b2o11bo$4b
o2b3obobo47bo$2bo4bo3bo4b45o$2bo5bo3bo2bo45bo$4bo7 ...
x = 259, y = 90, rule = B27/S24
2bo5bo3bo2bo45bo$o6bo3bo4b45o$o6b3obobo47bo$2bo6bo4b2obo3bo2b5o5b2o6bo
4bo$3b8o2bobobo6bo2bo3bo3bo2bobob2o8bobobo$9bo4b2obo3bo2b5o5b2o11bo$4b
o2b3obobo47bo$2bo4bo3bo4b45o$2bo5bo3bo2bo45bo$4bo7 ...
- March 26th, 2024, 1:46 pm
- Forum: Other Cellular Automata
- Topic: droid-logica: A 32-bit computer in Star Wars
- Replies: 0
- Views: 21651
droid-logica: A 32-bit computer in Star Wars
Hello!
I have made a 32-bit computer processor in star wars. It uses a von Neumann architecture (which seems to be kinda rare among such computers from what I've seen) and is NOT an OISC. It uses self-modifying code for achieving jumps and loops. It also supports a practically infinite amount of RAM ...
I have made a 32-bit computer processor in star wars. It uses a von Neumann architecture (which seems to be kinda rare among such computers from what I've seen) and is NOT an OISC. It uses self-modifying code for achieving jumps and loops. It also supports a practically infinite amount of RAM ...
- September 18th, 2022, 8:02 am
- Forum: Other Cellular Automata
- Topic: B2-ae3aceky4jkr5ijny6e/S1c2aci3-ir4cekrtwz5-aijr
- Replies: 9
- Views: 2031
Re: B2-ae3aceky4jkr5ijny6e/S1c2aci3-ir4cekrtwz5-aijr
Attached is a √2 calculator with bounding box 17,484x14,858
Here is the bottom-right corner after 3×10^17 generations:
x = 381, y = 69, rule = B2-ae3aceky4jkr5ijny6e/S1c2aci3-ir4cekrtwz5-aijr
379bo$378bobo$379bo32$9bo39bo15bo23bo23bo15bo15bo7bo31bo23bo7bo23bo7bo
7bo23bo7bo15bo7bo ...
Here is the bottom-right corner after 3×10^17 generations:
x = 381, y = 69, rule = B2-ae3aceky4jkr5ijny6e/S1c2aci3-ir4cekrtwz5-aijr
379bo$378bobo$379bo32$9bo39bo15bo23bo23bo15bo15bo7bo31bo23bo7bo23bo7bo
7bo23bo7bo15bo7bo ...
- July 16th, 2022, 10:20 am
- Forum: Other Cellular Automata
- Topic: B2-ae3aceky4jkr5ijny6e/S1c2aci3-ir4cekrtwz5-aijr
- Replies: 9
- Views: 2031
Re: B2-ae3aceky4jkr5ijny6e/S1c2aci3-ir4cekrtwz5-aijr
This is a partial of a stable universal regulator which just needs a mechanism to delete signals which come 283-311 generations after an "enabled" signal
Thanks!
Although the regulator seems to break in some cases, it can be used as long as the enable spaceship is of the same phase as the clock ...
Thanks!
Although the regulator seems to break in some cases, it can be used as long as the enable spaceship is of the same phase as the clock ...
- June 6th, 2022, 12:31 pm
- Forum: Other Cellular Automata
- Topic: B2-ae3aceky4jkr5ijny6e/S1c2aci3-ir4cekrtwz5-aijr
- Replies: 9
- Views: 2031
Re: B2-ae3aceky4jkr5ijny6e/S1c2aci3-ir4cekrtwz5-aijr
Here are some components that may be useful for circuitry:
(From left to right: a color-changer, an OR gate, an AND gate and a latch with toggle and read)
x = 280, y = 78, rule = B2-ae3aceky4jkr5ijny6e/S1c2aci3-ir4cekrtwz5-aijrSuper
258.3P$258.P2.P$258.P2.P$258.3P$258.P.P$258.P2.P4$258.DBD$258.3D ...
(From left to right: a color-changer, an OR gate, an AND gate and a latch with toggle and read)
x = 280, y = 78, rule = B2-ae3aceky4jkr5ijny6e/S1c2aci3-ir4cekrtwz5-aijrSuper
258.3P$258.P2.P$258.P2.P$258.3P$258.P.P$258.P2.P4$258.DBD$258.3D ...
- June 4th, 2022, 11:47 am
- Forum: Other Cellular Automata
- Topic: B2-ae3aceky4jkr5ijny6e/S1c2aci3-ir4cekrtwz5-aijr
- Replies: 9
- Views: 2031
B2-ae3aceky4jkr5ijny6e/S1c2aci3-ir4cekrtwz5-aijr
This rule has a splitter, a merger, a c/3 spaceship and a c/2 wickstretcher:
x = 112, y = 13, rule = B2-ae3aceky4jkr5ijny6e/S1c2aci3-ir4cekrtwz5-aijr
109bobo$2o6bo25b2o12bo5b2o26bo27bo$o6bobo24bo12bobo5bo24bo3bo25bo$2o6b
o25b2o12bo5b2o24b5o24b3o7$43bo2bo$43b4o$43bo2bo!
This rule was designed for ...
x = 112, y = 13, rule = B2-ae3aceky4jkr5ijny6e/S1c2aci3-ir4cekrtwz5-aijr
109bobo$2o6bo25b2o12bo5b2o26bo27bo$o6bobo24bo12bobo5bo24bo3bo25bo$2o6b
o25b2o12bo5b2o24b5o24b3o7$43bo2bo$43b4o$43bo2bo!
This rule was designed for ...