Thank you both so much for those replies!
Yes, that "2 pure LWSS generators" pattern does indeed answer my question, and those are now two of my favorite Life patterns ever. As for the thread, what a wonderful rabbit hole to fall into!
And that's amazing that any glider-constructable object can be ...
Search found 6 matches
- May 7th, 2025, 3:43 pm
- Forum: General Discussion
- Topic: Question about one-cell-thick patterns
- Replies: 3
- Views: 1705
- May 6th, 2025, 2:27 am
- Forum: General Discussion
- Topic: Question about one-cell-thick patterns
- Replies: 3
- Views: 1705
Question about one-cell-thick patterns
I was experimenting with some one-cell-thick patterns today, and found myself wondering the following:
Are there any one-cell-thick patterns that grow without bound orthogonally to the initial row of cells, while remaining bound on the other axis? E.g. if the initial cells are laid out in a ...
Are there any one-cell-thick patterns that grow without bound orthogonally to the initial row of cells, while remaining bound on the other axis? E.g. if the initial cells are laid out in a ...
- February 27th, 2022, 11:44 pm
- Forum: General Discussion
- Topic: Some gaps in the history
- Replies: 1
- Views: 1194
Some gaps in the history
Hi All,
As I posted earlier , I'm writing documentation for a project I'm finishing up, and it includes a small library of simple patterns, for which I'd like to give credit to their creators. LifeWiki has been a terrific source, but I've noticed a few small gaps (unknown creators, dates, etc ...
As I posted earlier , I'm writing documentation for a project I'm finishing up, and it includes a small library of simple patterns, for which I'd like to give credit to their creators. LifeWiki has been a terrific source, but I've noticed a few small gaps (unknown creators, dates, etc ...
- February 27th, 2022, 7:17 pm
- Forum: General Discussion
- Topic: Discord 'Conwaylife Lounge'
- Replies: 27
- Views: 29002
Re: Discord 'Conwaylife Lounge'
Hi, I'm trying to join Conwaylife Lounge. I haven't used Discord before, but I've signed up and I'm trying the invite links from the LifeWiki article on the lounge and the post above, but in both cases I get two Captchas and then just get taken back to the same "Accept Invite" screen.
Is there a ...
Is there a ...
- January 30th, 2022, 3:07 am
- Forum: General Discussion
- Topic: Help identifying Gosper GG constructor pattern
- Replies: 4
- Views: 1441
Re: Help identifying Gosper GG constructor pattern
Wow, thanks so much, dvgrn and Pavgran! That's an amazingly complete set of answers, and gives me everything I need to proceed!
- January 28th, 2022, 3:39 am
- Forum: General Discussion
- Topic: Help identifying Gosper GG constructor pattern
- Replies: 4
- Views: 1441
Help identifying Gosper GG constructor pattern
Hi, I'm writing a rather esoteric Life implementation (I'll share it here someday), and it includes a small library of simple patterns. One of them is a pattern I once found online, in which three gliders collide with two ships to form the innards of a Gosper Glider Gun. I'd like to give credit to ...