Hypothesis: The 1D 'crystals' are actually a failed replicator structure as they seem to arise from any soup if the soup is mirrored and placed an even number of cells away orthogonal to the mirror axis.
This would explain why they don't abide by the parity rules. Furthermore, any change that ...
Search found 9 matches
- May 9th, 2022, 7:40 am
- Forum: Other Cellular Automata
- Topic: Crystal Chaos Collapse Contemplation Center
- Replies: 15
- Views: 4945
- May 8th, 2022, 2:01 pm
- Forum: Other Cellular Automata
- Topic: Crystal Chaos Collapse Contemplation Center
- Replies: 15
- Views: 4945
Re: Crystal Chaos Collapse Contemplation Center
Here is something quite remarkable.
Divide the field into two checkerboards like a chess field. Count the total number of living cells on either checkerboard.
If you do this for a single crystal seed, say this one:
x = 4, y = 3, rule = R2,C0,S4-7,9-12,B4,11-12,NB
2obo$4o$3o!
Then you will find ...
Divide the field into two checkerboards like a chess field. Count the total number of living cells on either checkerboard.
If you do this for a single crystal seed, say this one:
x = 4, y = 3, rule = R2,C0,S4-7,9-12,B4,11-12,NB
2obo$4o$3o!
Then you will find ...
- May 8th, 2022, 8:43 am
- Forum: Other Cellular Automata
- Topic: Crystal Chaos Collapse Contemplation Center
- Replies: 15
- Views: 4945
Re: Crystal Chaos Collapse Contemplation Center
Thanks Cyclotrons for the summary of the Discord-discoveries.
I generated about 200 10-cell permutations that leave more than 50 cells after 200 generations. From those I threw away the doubles (because of symmetry and generation of precursors to already generated patterns) (detected by having ...
I generated about 200 10-cell permutations that leave more than 50 cells after 200 generations. From those I threw away the doubles (because of symmetry and generation of precursors to already generated patterns) (detected by having ...
- May 7th, 2022, 5:05 am
- Forum: Other Cellular Automata
- Topic: Crystal Chaos Collapse Contemplation Center
- Replies: 15
- Views: 4945
Re: Crystal Chaos Collapse Contemplation Center
I was wondering if exploding seeds with less than 10 cells exist so I implemented an algorithm for the fast calculation of this rule. It's based on a multispin encoding approach (see https://doi.org/10.24355/dbbs.084-200511080100-675 and the comment in the code) which increases the speed about ...
- May 1st, 2021, 5:19 am
- Forum: Other Cellular Automata
- Topic: Xor-life
- Replies: 9
- Views: 2451
Re: Xor-life
For me who has not completely understand the rule, it features some curious anisotropicity. For example, there are replicators running in different orthogonal directions in the shown guns, whose basic unit is a hollow 3×3 square. But after drawing one of this D8_1 symmetric octomino in a grid ...
- May 1st, 2021, 4:13 am
- Forum: Other Cellular Automata
- Topic: Xor-life
- Replies: 9
- Views: 2451
Re: Xor-life
It's turing complete, since all gates are possible
- April 29th, 2021, 10:52 am
- Forum: Other Cellular Automata
- Topic: Xor-life
- Replies: 9
- Views: 2451
Re: Xor-life
This is correct, it is a processing sketch. I don't know how to code js so I sadly can't provide code there.
I should note some things about the usage of the code as it is:
After running the script you have to click the window once to gain focus. You have the following options:
[p] - pauses the ...
I should note some things about the usage of the code as it is:
After running the script you have to click the window once to gain focus. You have the following options:
[p] - pauses the ...
- April 29th, 2021, 7:52 am
- Forum: Other Cellular Automata
- Topic: Xor-life
- Replies: 9
- Views: 2451
Xor-life
Xor-life was created by a helpful Anon and me on the /sci/ board (archived version of the thread: https://archived.moe/sci/thread/13004818/) in the attempt to look for an interesting self-referential cellular automaton.
Unlike cgol there isn't a global rule that determines cell behaviour, but rather ...
Unlike cgol there isn't a global rule that determines cell behaviour, but rather ...
- April 27th, 2021, 6:56 am
- Forum: The Sandbox
- Topic: Introductions
- Replies: 261
- Views: 256423
Re: Introductions
Hello everyone! I decided to join this forum because some Anon from /sci/ and I discovered a new (at least I think it is) and very interesting cellular automaton which we called Xor-life, and I hope that I will have enough time in the next couple of days to give a detailed report on this. We are ...