Search found 870 matches
- October 7th, 2026, 3:29 pm
- Forum: Patterns
- Topic: Spaceship Discussion Thread
- Replies: 3557
- Views: 1668289
Re: Spaceship Discussion Thread
New 0.3c search update:
There are no even 3c/10 spaceships of logical width 10.
Proved again with qfind v2.4 it reached a max depth of 523:
x = 20, y = 52, rule = B3/S23
9b2o$8bo2bo$4b4ob2ob4o$2b2obobo4bobob2o$2b4obo4bob4o$2b2o12b2o$2bo14bo
$o4bo8bo4bo$o4bo8bo4bo$5b2o6b2o$4bo10bo$bo16bo2 ...
- October 4th, 2026, 2:13 am
- Forum: Patterns
- Topic: Oscillator Discussion Thread
- Replies: 5980
- Views: 2521205
Re: Oscillator Discussion Thread
p36 dependent reflector that I can't fully loop bc i'm tired
reflector
i dunno if i'm looping it wrong but the gliders always end up 1 ahead with my method. i think its cuz the gliders change position. if it would be done i think itd need another 32 reflections with this method [36 total ...
- September 26th, 2026, 11:44 pm
- Forum: Patterns
- Topic: Spaceship Discussion Thread
- Replies: 3557
- Views: 1668289
Re: Spaceship Discussion Thread
And speaking of which, I'm trying to find a tagalong to Schick Engine...
I searched through saved partials on qfind and I saw a c/2 blinker fuse that can be capped to make a 12c/24 spaceship:
x = 22, y = 43, rule = B3/S23
6b3o3b3o$5bo2bo3bo2bo$8bo3bo$8bo3bo$5bobo5bobo2$9b3o$9b3o$9b3o$4bo11bo ...
- September 22nd, 2026, 1:05 am
- Forum: Patterns
- Topic: Searching for Devote Parents
- Replies: 31
- Views: 1169
Re: Searching for Devote Parents
What's the smallest pattern without a devote parent?
Any pattern that has a cell with more than 6 adjacent cells has no devote parent (there aren't enough cells for birth.)
x = 28, y = 3, rule = B3/S23
bo3b2o3b2o3b3o2bobo2bobo$3o2b3o2b3o2b3o2b3o3b2o$3o3b2o2bobo2bo4bobo2b
3o!
So I'd say the ...
- September 21st, 2026, 4:26 pm
- Forum: Patterns
- Topic: Searching for Devote Parents
- Replies: 31
- Views: 1169
Re: Searching for Devote Parents
Are devote grandparents just devote parents of devote parents like this?
x = 12, y = 12, rule = LifeHistory
2.E2.E$2.E2.E$8E$2.E.2E$2.E3.E.E$8.E$3.E$3.E.E3.E$6.2E.E$4.8E$6.E2.E$
6.E2.E!
Or do they have to be strictly devote? (Cells must only be on for one generation.)
x = 12, y = 12, rule ...
x = 12, y = 12, rule = LifeHistory
2.E2.E$2.E2.E$8E$2.E.2E$2.E3.E.E$8.E$3.E$3.E.E3.E$6.2E.E$4.8E$6.E2.E$
6.E2.E!
Or do they have to be strictly devote? (Cells must only be on for one generation.)
x = 12, y = 12, rule ...
- September 20th, 2026, 11:14 am
- Forum: Patterns
- Topic: Spaceship Discussion Thread
- Replies: 3557
- Views: 1668289
Re: Spaceship Discussion Thread
New 0.3c search update:
There are no gutter or asymmetric 3c/10 spaceships of logical width 10.
I proved it using qfind 2.4. The search reached a maximum depth of 407. This is the largest partial:
x = 21, y = 40, rule = B3/S23
b2o15b2o$o2bo13bo2bo$3b2o11b2o$2ob2o11b2ob2o$2bobo11bobo$3bobo9b
obo ...
There are no gutter or asymmetric 3c/10 spaceships of logical width 10.
I proved it using qfind 2.4. The search reached a maximum depth of 407. This is the largest partial:
x = 21, y = 40, rule = B3/S23
b2o15b2o$o2bo13bo2bo$3b2o11b2o$2ob2o11b2ob2o$2bobo11bobo$3bobo9b
obo ...
- September 7th, 2026, 3:23 pm
- Forum: Patterns
- Topic: Spaceship Discussion Thread
- Replies: 3557
- Views: 1668289
Re: Spaceship Discussion Thread
Did anyone notice this way to cap a 31P8H4V0 into a regular 2c/4?
x = 12, y = 16, rule = B3/S23
2bo$b3o6bo$bob2o4b3o$2b3o3b2obo$2b3o3b3o$4bobo2b2o$3bob2ob3o$4o3b2o$2b
2ob2o$4b3o2$6bo$5bobo$4b2obo2$4b2o!
Edit: Another
x = 14, y = 15, rule = B3/S23
b3o$o2bo5b3o$3bo5bo2bo$3bo5bo$3bo5bo3bo ...
x = 12, y = 16, rule = B3/S23
2bo$b3o6bo$bob2o4b3o$2b3o3b2obo$2b3o3b3o$4bobo2b2o$3bob2ob3o$4o3b2o$2b
2ob2o$4b3o2$6bo$5bobo$4b2obo2$4b2o!
Edit: Another
x = 14, y = 15, rule = B3/S23
b3o$o2bo5b3o$3bo5bo2bo$3bo5bo$3bo5bo3bo ...
- September 5th, 2026, 2:54 pm
- Forum: Patterns
- Topic: Spaceship Discussion Thread
- Replies: 3557
- Views: 1668289
Re: Spaceship Discussion Thread
p16 backrake partially found with qfind:
x = 30, y = 16, rule = B3/S23
11bo6bo$10b3o4b3o$9b2o2bo2bo2b2o$13bo2bo2$10bo8bo$6b2ob2o8b2ob2o$7b2o
4bo2bo4b2o$13b4o$8b2obo6bob2o$bo6b2obo6bob2o6bo$3o8bo6bo8b3o$ob2o5bob
2ob2ob2obo5b2obo$b3o5bo10bo5b3o$b3o5b2o8b2o5b3o$b2o24b2o!
Edit: not sure why I said ...
x = 30, y = 16, rule = B3/S23
11bo6bo$10b3o4b3o$9b2o2bo2bo2b2o$13bo2bo2$10bo8bo$6b2ob2o8b2ob2o$7b2o
4bo2bo4b2o$13b4o$8b2obo6bob2o$bo6b2obo6bob2o6bo$3o8bo6bo8b3o$ob2o5bob
2ob2ob2obo5b2obo$b3o5bo10bo5b3o$b3o5b2o8b2o5b3o$b2o24b2o!
Edit: not sure why I said ...
- August 28th, 2026, 9:23 pm
- Forum: Patterns
- Topic: Oscillator Discussion Thread
- Replies: 5980
- Views: 2521205
Re: Oscillator Discussion Thread
p200 d.r.l partial:
x = 86, y = 97, rule = B3/S23
4b2o$5bo2bo$2b3o3b3o$bo3b3o3bo$b2obo3b3o$5b2obo26b2o$ob2obobo27b2o$2ob
2o$7b3o$6bo3bo25b2o$5bo5bo22bob2o$5bo5bo22bo$5bo5bo22bo$6bo3bo23bo2bo$
7b3o25b2o3$3b2o$2bobo$2bo30bo$b2o30b2o$33b2o$34bo9$31b2o$31bobo$31bo
30$54bo$52bobo$53b2o9$51bo$51b2o ...
x = 86, y = 97, rule = B3/S23
4b2o$5bo2bo$2b3o3b3o$bo3b3o3bo$b2obo3b3o$5b2obo26b2o$ob2obobo27b2o$2ob
2o$7b3o$6bo3bo25b2o$5bo5bo22bob2o$5bo5bo22bo$5bo5bo22bo$6bo3bo23bo2bo$
7b3o25b2o3$3b2o$2bobo$2bo30bo$b2o30b2o$33b2o$34bo9$31b2o$31bobo$31bo
30$54bo$52bobo$53b2o9$51bo$51b2o ...
- August 20th, 2026, 12:51 am
- Forum: Patterns
- Topic: Oscillator Discussion Thread
- Replies: 5980
- Views: 2521205
Re: Oscillator Discussion Thread
P128 d.r.l. guided with rephasers:
x = 110, y = 81, rule = B3/S23
18b2o70b2o$15b2o2bo12bo44bo12bo2b2o$14bobobo11b3o44b3o11bobobo$14bo3b
2o9bo50bo9b2o3bo$12bobobo2bo9b2o48b2o9bo2bobobo$12b2obob2o72b2obob2o$
15bobo74bobo$15bo2bo72bo2bo$13b2ob2o74b2ob2o$14bobo76bobo$14bobo76bobo
$15bo78bo ...
x = 110, y = 81, rule = B3/S23
18b2o70b2o$15b2o2bo12bo44bo12bo2b2o$14bobobo11b3o44b3o11bobobo$14bo3b
2o9bo50bo9b2o3bo$12bobobo2bo9b2o48b2o9bo2bobobo$12b2obob2o72b2obob2o$
15bobo74bobo$15bo2bo72bo2bo$13b2ob2o74b2ob2o$14bobo76bobo$14bobo76bobo
$15bo78bo ...
- August 18th, 2026, 11:38 pm
- Forum: Patterns
- Topic: Spaceship Discussion Thread
- Replies: 3557
- Views: 1668289
Re: Spaceship Discussion Thread
I'm currently searching for even 0.3c spaceships of width 10 on qfind.
I'm not exactly trying to find all even ships (if any exist); I'm only doing it for spaceships with this frontend (initows.txt):
Results have been returned: No spaceships yet:
x = 59, y = 55, rule = B3/S23
10b2o32b6o ...
- August 9th, 2026, 4:01 pm
- Forum: Scripts
- Topic: amling search program principles discussion / brain dump
- Replies: 622
- Views: 157494
Re: amling search program principles discussion / brain dump
I've been exploring around with llsss because I'm new to complex programs like these, and I want to get familiar with it.
What I'm currently trying to do is extend a 0.3c partial I posted yesterday.
I currently don't know how to build starting grids to extend partials. Here's a manually generated ...
What I'm currently trying to do is extend a 0.3c partial I posted yesterday.
I currently don't know how to build starting grids to extend partials. Here's a manually generated ...
- August 8th, 2026, 3:24 pm
- Forum: Patterns
- Topic: Spaceship Discussion Thread
- Replies: 3557
- Views: 1668289
Re: Spaceship Discussion Thread
I've been searching for 3c/10 spaceships on qfind lately...
Update:
I'm currently searching for even 0.3c spaceships of width 10 on qfind.
I'm not exactly trying to find all even ships (if any exist); I'm only doing it for spaceships with this frontend (initows.txt ...
- August 5th, 2026, 8:45 pm
- Forum: Patterns
- Topic: The Hunting of the New Herschel Conduits
- Replies: 1445
- Views: 1319542
Re: The Hunting of the New Herschel Conduits
I managed to complete it into a Lx103, though the output clearance isn't great (though it still fits with SW-2 to make a H-to-G3 of SW1T202, as shown in the RLE):
A little more output clearance:
x = 25, y = 40, rule = B3/S23
9b2o$7b3o$2b2o2bo4bo$2bo3bob2ob3o$3b3obobo4bo$5bobo3b3o$5bobobobo ...
- August 2nd, 2026, 12:14 am
- Forum: LifeWiki Discussion
- Topic: Suggested LifeWiki edits
- Replies: 1261
- Views: 550521
Re: Suggested LifeWiki edits
Is there any category for dependent reflector loops? If not, there should be one as a subcategory under Category:Oscillators.
- July 26th, 2026, 12:57 am
- Forum: Patterns
- Topic: Gun Discussion Thread
- Replies: 1005
- Views: 491712
Re: Gun Discussion Thread
Wonderful! I see that it uses the same reaction as a dependent reflector loop by Nora Brown, which I presume you used as the basis for your search:
in
Yes, but almost! I used a similar p39 dependent reflector in which the glider destroys the junk from the SW side as inspiration for the p3 ...
- July 25th, 2026, 10:49 pm
- Forum: Patterns
- Topic: Gun Discussion Thread
- Replies: 1005
- Views: 491712
Re: Gun Discussion Thread
Period-39 glider gun:
x = 46, y = 35, rule = B3/S23
33b2o$29b2o2b2o$29bo$30b7o$27b3o2bo3bo4bo$10b2o6bo7bo3bo3bo5bobo$3bo6b
2o4b3o7b4ob5o4bobo$3b3o9bo15bo4bo2b2ob2o$6bo8b2o4b2o3b3o2b2o2bobo3bo2b
o$5b2o14bo4bo3bob2obo2b3o2b2o$19bobo5b2o2b2o2b2obo$19b2o4bobo6bobo$24b
o3bo2bo5bo$10b3o13b3obo2b2obobo ...
x = 46, y = 35, rule = B3/S23
33b2o$29b2o2b2o$29bo$30b7o$27b3o2bo3bo4bo$10b2o6bo7bo3bo3bo5bobo$3bo6b
2o4b3o7b4ob5o4bobo$3b3o9bo15bo4bo2b2ob2o$6bo8b2o4b2o3b3o2b2o2bobo3bo2b
o$5b2o14bo4bo3bob2obo2b3o2b2o$19bobo5b2o2b2o2b2obo$19b2o4bobo6bobo$24b
o3bo2bo5bo$10b3o13b3obo2b2obobo ...
- July 21st, 2026, 2:37 am
- Forum: Patterns
- Topic: Thread for your unsure discoveries
- Replies: 4041
- Views: 1918344
Re: Thread for your unsure discoveries
This just looks like a Superstring with two fuses burning on both of the ends. There are many patterns like this.
- July 17th, 2026, 1:18 am
- Forum: Patterns
- Topic: Spaceship Discussion Thread
- Replies: 3557
- Views: 1668289
Re: Spaceship Discussion Thread
I've been searching for 3c/10 spaceships on qfind lately and I came across this partial:
x = 21, y = 18, rule = B3/S23
6b3o3b3o$6bobo3bobo$5bo2bo3bo2bo$5bobo5bobo$5bo9bo$6b3o3b3o$6b3o3b3o$
7bobobobo$3bo5bobo5bo$b2obo2bobobobo2bob2o$o3bo2bo5bo2bo3bo$o2bo2b2o5b
2o2bo2bo$2bo15bo$2b2ob2o7b2ob2o ...
x = 21, y = 18, rule = B3/S23
6b3o3b3o$6bobo3bobo$5bo2bo3bo2bo$5bobo5bobo$5bo9bo$6b3o3b3o$6b3o3b3o$
7bobobobo$3bo5bobo5bo$b2obo2bobobobo2bob2o$o3bo2bo5bo2bo3bo$o2bo2b2o5b
2o2bo2bo$2bo15bo$2b2ob2o7b2ob2o ...
- July 15th, 2026, 12:09 am
- Forum: Patterns
- Topic: Thread for your unsure discoveries
- Replies: 4041
- Views: 1918344
Re: Thread for your unsure discoveries
What's this?, how to find patterns?
x = 10, y = 10, rule = B3/S23
4b2o$3bo2bo$3b2obo$b2obo2b2o$ob2o5bo$o5b2obo$b2o2bob2o$3bob2o$3bo2bo$
4b2o!
(playing with bakery)
Welcome to the forums!
There are many pattern-searching programs. that are used to search patterns in Conway's Game Of Life ...
- July 14th, 2026, 7:40 pm
- Forum: Patterns
- Topic: Oscillator Discussion Thread
- Replies: 5980
- Views: 2521205
Re: Oscillator Discussion Thread
p50 pi hassler from one of my partials:
x = 105, y = 104, rule = B3/S23
99b2o$99bo$86b2o12bo$87bo5bo5b2o$86bo5bobob2o$86b2o4bobobob5o$89b2obob
obobo4bo$84b5obobobobobob3o$83bo4bobobo2b4obo$84b3obobobo5b2o$86bob4o$
87b2o3$84b2o7b2o$84b2o7b2o2$88b3o$87bo3bo$74b2o11b2ob2o$75bo11b2ob2o$
75bobo11bo ...
x = 105, y = 104, rule = B3/S23
99b2o$99bo$86b2o12bo$87bo5bo5b2o$86bo5bobob2o$86b2o4bobobob5o$89b2obob
obobo4bo$84b5obobobobobob3o$83bo4bobobo2b4obo$84b3obobobo5b2o$86bob4o$
87b2o3$84b2o7b2o$84b2o7b2o2$88b3o$87bo3bo$74b2o11b2ob2o$75bo11b2ob2o$
75bobo11bo ...
- July 14th, 2026, 6:23 pm
- Forum: Patterns
- Topic: Let's find a G-to-X (Done!)
- Replies: 147
- Views: 119733
Re: Let's find a G-to-X (Done!)
Here's a useful bait for a catalyst:
Code: Select all
x = 32, y = 48, rule = B3/S23
13bo$13b3o$16bo$15b2o2$18b2o$17bo2bo7b2o$17bobo8b2o$18bo2$3bo$4bo$2b3o
$25bo$23b3o$22bo$22b2o$2o$2o6$12b2o$12b2o7$30bo$29bobo$30bo4$20b2o3b2o
$20b2o3b2o3$12bob2o$10b3ob2o$9bo11b2o$10b3ob2o5bo$12bobo2bo4b3o$16b2o
6bo!
- July 13th, 2026, 8:27 pm
- Forum: Patterns
- Topic: The Hunting of the Elementary Conduits
- Replies: 1133
- Views: 605483
Re: The Hunting of the Elementary Conduits
JR121I? Not sure if this is usable if I can't find any conduits that output blonk-ties:
Code: Select all
x = 19, y = 13, rule = LifeHistory
7.2A$6.A.A$7.A3$5.2A9.2C$5.2A9.2C$18.C$15.3DC$14.D2.DC$13.D$2A.A10.D.
D$A.2A11.D!
- July 12th, 2026, 8:09 pm
- Forum: Patterns
- Topic: Oscillator Discussion Thread
- Replies: 5980
- Views: 2521205
Re: Oscillator Discussion Thread
p380 pi rotator:
x = 93, y = 93, rule = B3/S23
42b2o14b2o$41bobo14bobo$41bo18bo$38b2ob2o16b2ob2o$38b2obo18bob2o$41bob
2o12b2obo$41bobo14bobo$38b2obo2bo12bo2bob2o$38b2ob2ob3o8b3ob2ob2o$41bo
2bo12bo2bo$41bo18bo$42b2o14b2o$45bo10bo$40b4ob3o6b3ob4o$39bo3bo5bo2bo
5bo3bo$40b3o5b2o2b2o5b3o ...
x = 93, y = 93, rule = B3/S23
42b2o14b2o$41bobo14bobo$41bo18bo$38b2ob2o16b2ob2o$38b2obo18bob2o$41bob
2o12b2obo$41bobo14bobo$38b2obo2bo12bo2bob2o$38b2ob2ob3o8b3ob2ob2o$41bo
2bo12bo2bo$41bo18bo$42b2o14b2o$45bo10bo$40b4ob3o6b3ob4o$39bo3bo5bo2bo
5bo3bo$40b3o5b2o2b2o5b3o ...
- July 11th, 2026, 6:18 pm
- Forum: Patterns
- Topic: Oscillator Discussion Thread
- Replies: 5980
- Views: 2521205
Re: Oscillator Discussion Thread
p130 century shuttle:
x = 53, y = 69, rule = B3/S23
11b2o14b2o$10bobo14bobo$10bo18bo$7b2obo18bob2o$7b2obob2o12b2obob2o$10b
ob2o12b2obo$10bobo14bobo$7b2obo2bo12bo2bob2o$7b2obo2b2o10b2o2bob2o$10b
o2bo12bo2bo$10bob2o12b2obo$11bo16bo$12b4o8b4o$9b4o3bo6bo3b4o$8bo9bo2b
o9bo$9b3obo2bobo2bobo2bob3o ...
x = 53, y = 69, rule = B3/S23
11b2o14b2o$10bobo14bobo$10bo18bo$7b2obo18bob2o$7b2obob2o12b2obob2o$10b
ob2o12b2obo$10bobo14bobo$7b2obo2bo12bo2bob2o$7b2obo2b2o10b2o2bob2o$10b
o2bo12bo2bo$10bob2o12b2obo$11bo16bo$12b4o8b4o$9b4o3bo6bo3b4o$8bo9bo2b
o9bo$9b3obo2bobo2bobo2bob3o ...