Search found 7 matches

by winston
February 26th, 2026, 2:18 pm
Forum: Scripts
Topic: amling search program principles discussion / brain dump
Replies: 621
Views: 157283

Re: amling search program principles discussion / brain dump


(*) For 600 GB autochoke what did VmPeak hit? I'm assuming something like 1.5 TB. What kind of computer is this? Is that swap or actual memory?


VmPeak hit 1.54TB. I'm running the search on ASA-X which I have access to through my university. 1.5TB of memory + 400GB of swap is what I'm working ...
by winston
February 25th, 2026, 2:17 pm
Forum: Scripts
Topic: amling search program principles discussion / brain dump
Replies: 621
Views: 157283

Re: amling search program principles discussion / brain dump

Here is a 2c/5 agar-crawler partial from the following search:

./target/release/rlife llsss-recentering-wao \
--rule 'B3/S23' \
--bg-agar vertical-stripes \
--ends even,odd \
--pre-reify-autochoke 600GB \
2c5-s2s '@bg' 21

.. with JCOL_V2


x = 45, y = 38, rule = B3/S23:T45,38
45o2$45o2$45o ...
by winston
February 25th, 2026, 1:17 pm
Forum: General Discussion
Topic: Speed of Light in GoL
Replies: 0
Views: 2608

Speed of Light in GoL

This video outlines Knuth's #1 open GoL problem. Any ideas how to solve it?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AWDCNCszn-U

EDIT by dvgrn: the link is to Tom Rokicki's talk at Gathering for Gardner 15, two years ago.

There's a 2015 discussion thread here on the forums, with a message from Tom at ...
by winston
October 5th, 2021, 12:01 am
Forum: LifeWiki Discussion
Topic: LifeWiki Trusted Account Request Thread - Post requests here
Replies: 1066
Views: 577599

Re: LifeWiki Trusted Account Request Thread - Post requests here

Sokwe wrote: September 29th, 2021, 6:13 pm Done! (assuming your wiki account is Winstax)
I found that I could log in as Winston and would rather use that account. I must have made separate accounts but forgot.
by winston
February 22nd, 2021, 5:15 pm
Forum: Patterns
Topic: PotY 2020 Voting Thread
Replies: 64
Views: 17545

Re: PotY 2020 Voting Thread

#2 ***
#12 ***
#18 *
#22 ***
#24 **
#30 *
#37 **
#38 *
#39 **
by winston
December 3rd, 2020, 3:34 pm
Forum: Patterns
Topic: Spaceship Discussion Thread
Replies: 3555
Views: 1667383

Re: Spaceship Discussion Thread

c/5 diagonal discovered with ikpx2 on 11/24/2020
x = 62, y = 79, rule = B3/S23
5b3o$4bo3b2o$3b2o3bo$2bo5bo$bob2o4b2o$2o2bo6bo$3b2o2bo$3b2ob2o$4bo$5b5o5b2o$
6bo2b3o3b2o$9bob2o2b2o$9bo3b4o$10b8obo$9bo2bo6b3o$16bo3b2o$16bo4bo$16bo$17bob
o$19bo$19b2o2bo$19b2obobo2$24b2o$20b3o$20b2o2$21b3o$22b2o$22bo ...