Search found 62 matches

by RakeGuy1246
July 31st, 2026, 8:03 pm
Forum: Patterns
Topic: Construction Challenges and Ideas
Replies: 376
Views: 129982

Re: Construction Challenges and Ideas

A demonoid-inoid (A geminoid that's powered by demonoids rather than gliders).
by RakeGuy1246
August 31st, 2025, 3:21 pm
Forum: Patterns
Topic: Construction Challenges and Ideas
Replies: 376
Views: 129982

Re: Construction Challenges and Ideas

Rakinoid (Geminoid Rake) Basically, a geminoid, but it also produces a steady stream of some form of ship. Any form of ship.
by RakeGuy1246
January 31st, 2025, 5:02 pm
Forum: Patterns
Topic: Help with Metacell
Replies: 8
Views: 8047

Re: Help with Metacell



Well, obviously, I didn't know that. So it's density, not size, that causes problems?

Not exactly density -- in the sense of "high population in a small area". That doesn't matter to HashLife at all.

HashLife just absolutely hates working with irregular streams of gliders or other spaceships ...
by RakeGuy1246
January 30th, 2025, 12:07 pm
Forum: Patterns
Topic: Help with Metacell
Replies: 8
Views: 8047

Re: Help with Metacell


There is actually a 0E0P metacell rebuild project somewhat in progress at the moment. Here's a note from the inventor of the 0E0P about it.

Very counterintuitively, if you want to make a more satisfying 0E0P metacell that runs better in Golly, the best thing to do is to make it a whole lot bigger ...
by RakeGuy1246
January 29th, 2025, 4:58 pm
Forum: Patterns
Topic: Help with Metacell
Replies: 8
Views: 8047

Re: Help with Metacell


Welcome back to the forums! I like your concept, but I’m afraid that might not be possible with our current technology.


Thanks for the welcome. Also, "might"? So you're not sure if it's possible or not? I just HATE that the 0e0p metacell can't be run on hashlife without lagging a lot. I was ...
by RakeGuy1246
January 29th, 2025, 3:07 pm
Forum: Patterns
Topic: Help with Metacell
Replies: 8
Views: 8047

Help with Metacell

Hello. I'm creating my own Metacell. One that combines the replication and killing itself off mechanics from 0e0p and the compactness of OTCA. The problem? I'm still new to the whole CGoL thing. I'll need loads of help, too. I know virtually nothing about what's needed to get this done. If anyone ...
by RakeGuy1246
July 3rd, 2022, 4:21 pm
Forum: Patterns
Topic: super breeders?
Replies: 54
Views: 52513

Re: super breeders?


And back to my original question. Could there be "super breeders" in "2D Life" (I don't know that's why I was asking) and if there's a possiblilty where could I start searching for them? :D

I had an idea for a type of patturn that I call a super breeder
The kind of pattern that you describe ...
by RakeGuy1246
July 3rd, 2022, 4:12 pm
Forum: Patterns
Topic: Sample metapatterns made of Calcyman's metacells
Replies: 70
Views: 54990

Re: Sample metapatterns made of Calcyman's metacells




That's believable, yes; Golly scripts for assembling metapatterns build them as a flat (uncompressed) representation before converting it into a compressed quadtree. If you want to construct larger metapatterns (such as the meta-meta-blinker I posted), you need to build the pattern in ...
by RakeGuy1246
February 11th, 2022, 2:47 pm
Forum: Patterns
Topic: Sample metapatterns made of Calcyman's metacells
Replies: 70
Views: 54990

Re: Sample metapatterns made of Calcyman's metacells


That's believable, yes; Golly scripts for assembling metapatterns build them as a flat (uncompressed) representation before converting it into a compressed quadtree. If you want to construct larger metapatterns (such as the meta-meta-blinker I posted), you need to build the pattern in something ...
by RakeGuy1246
December 16th, 2021, 1:25 pm
Forum: Patterns
Topic: Challenge: Self-Synthesizing Spaceship (COMPLETED)
Replies: 51
Views: 39325

Re: Challenge: Self-Synthesizing Spaceship (COMPLETED)



I know this was already completed, by I have my own idea. But to execute, I'll need single-channel build arm recipes for both a glider-to-LWSS and LWSS-to-glider module, and a way to destroy them, along with some way to duplicate a glider stream.

Could it be glider-to- Herschel-to-MWSS and ...
by RakeGuy1246
December 5th, 2021, 1:17 pm
Forum: Patterns
Topic: Challenge: Self-Synthesizing Spaceship (COMPLETED)
Replies: 51
Views: 39325

Re: Challenge: Self-Synthesizing Spaceship (COMPLETED)

I know this was already completed, by I have my own idea. But to execute, I'll need single-channel build arm recipes for both a glider-to-LWSS and LWSS-to-glider module, and a way to destroy them, along with some way to duplicate a glider stream.
by RakeGuy1246
May 17th, 2021, 6:06 pm
Forum: Patterns
Topic: Slow Spaceships
Replies: 9
Views: 2484

Slow Spaceships

I've been wondering "How slow can a spaceship go?" So let's all try to build spaceships with insanely low speeds and see how slow we can get.
by RakeGuy1246
October 21st, 2020, 2:37 pm
Forum: Patterns
Topic: Cordership rake?
Replies: 10
Views: 6592

Re: Cordership rake?


Hey, this is a Cordership rake, heh. :D Let`s look, it can be usable. (if my English is bad, don`t worry. I`m from Poland)
#CXRLE Pos=-9,-7
x = 92, y = 99, rule = B3/S23
50bo$49b2o$48bob2o$48bo2b2o$46b4ob3o$45bo2bobo2b2o$46bobobob3o$47b2ob
3obo$47b4o2bobo$50bo3bo$50bo3bo$50bo2bo12b2o$66b2o7 ...
by RakeGuy1246
October 21st, 2020, 2:09 pm
Forum: Patterns
Topic: Almost self-synthesizing spaceship?
Replies: 8
Views: 2473

Re: Almost self-synthesizing spaceship?



Here's a design I thought of for a puffer whose engine consists of gliders aimed at 2 blocks; I think it could be modified into a spaceship, or maybe even a self-synthesizing one.
Offhand it looks pretty workable, as long as you don't mind HashLIfe having a hard time with it. There will be four ...
by RakeGuy1246
October 3rd, 2020, 11:13 am
Forum: Patterns
Topic: Challenge: Moving Rake Gun (AKA Rake Rake)
Replies: 17
Views: 10987

Re: Challenge: Moving Rake Gun (AKA Rake Rake)

What about a 90 degree rotation rake rake?
by RakeGuy1246
September 5th, 2020, 2:07 pm
Forum: Patterns
Topic: Challenge: Moving Rake Gun (AKA Rake Rake)
Replies: 17
Views: 10987

Re: Challenge: Moving Rake Gun (AKA Rake Rake)

Hunting wrote: August 25th, 2020, 8:24 am New challenge: Forward rake rake.
The rake producing the rakes would have to have a faster period than the LWSSes that make up the original rakes. Do you know of any rakes that have such a period?
by RakeGuy1246
August 7th, 2020, 12:02 pm
Forum: Patterns
Topic: Challenge: Moving Rake Gun (AKA Rake Rake)
Replies: 17
Views: 10987

Re: Challenge: Moving Rake Gun (AKA Rake Rake)


Now we could ask, can we make a Rake of rakes of rakes, or more general can we make something relatively simple that shoots Rake^N ? Probably something recursive...
This idea has come up a couple of times recently. Rake^(N+1)s are really painfully exponentially harder to build than rake^N's ...
by RakeGuy1246
July 21st, 2020, 12:31 pm
Forum: Patterns
Topic: HBK Rake Working Notes
Replies: 4
Views: 1862

Re: HBK Rake Working Notes


An actual rake, and really just slow enough to make timings easier, but not too slow, so it isn't tedious.
I asked because a tethered rake would be quite a bit easier -- basically just the four loops of the original HBK gun, plus a fifth loop with the same period that shoots down four Snarks ...
by RakeGuy1246
July 20th, 2020, 7:31 pm
Forum: Patterns
Topic: HBK Rake Working Notes
Replies: 4
Views: 1862

Re: HBK Rake Working Notes



After seeing someone else construct a HBK gun using the parallel HBK synthesis, I want to build an HBK Rake using the same synthesis, but may run into a few problems. One of the ones that gets removed with a rake is that I don't have to delay anything in the design, since it moves, but at the ...
by RakeGuy1246
July 20th, 2020, 7:13 pm
Forum: Patterns
Topic: HBK Rake Working Notes
Replies: 4
Views: 1862

HBK Rake Working Notes

After seeing someone else construct a HBK gun using the parallel HBK synthesis, I want to build an HBK Rake using the same synthesis, but may run into a few problems. One of the ones that gets removed with a rake is that I don't have to delay anything in the design, since it moves, but at the same ...
by RakeGuy1246
July 18th, 2020, 3:28 pm
Forum: Patterns
Topic: Challenge: Knightinoid (Geminoid Knightship)
Replies: 2
Views: 1571

Challenge: Knightinoid (Geminoid Knightship)

People have created Geminoids, Demonoids, even Orthoganoids, but what about Knightinoids
(Geminoid Knightships)? So, yeah. I want you all to build a geminoid that moves in the same direction as a knightship, or some similar direction.
by RakeGuy1246
July 18th, 2020, 1:45 pm
Forum: Patterns
Topic: Challenge: Self-Synthesizing Spaceship (COMPLETED)
Replies: 51
Views: 39325

Re: Challenge: Self-Synthesizing Spaceship



Thanks. Now as long as I can find a synthesis for either a boat or an eater, which should be easy tbh, I can begin the first part of my idea.


We both posted the synths right in what you quoted.


Yeah I figured that out afterward. Any way to use an eater as a one-use 90 degree reflector ...
by RakeGuy1246
July 16th, 2020, 11:54 am
Forum: Patterns
Topic: Challenge: Self-Synthesizing Spaceship (COMPLETED)
Replies: 51
Views: 39325

Re: Challenge: Self-Synthesizing Spaceship




I might have an idea of how to build this, but i'll need a synthesis of a one-use 90-degree reflector (don't ask why).


A boat can do the trick:
x = 42, y = 19, rule = B3/S23
28bobo$29b2o$29bo5$39b2o$39bobo$8b2o29bo$8bobo$9bo5$3o$2bo$bo!



Both boat and eater need only two gliders:
x ...
by RakeGuy1246
July 15th, 2020, 5:28 pm
Forum: Patterns
Topic: Challenge: Self-Synthesizing Spaceship (COMPLETED)
Replies: 51
Views: 39325

Re: Challenge: Self-Synthesizing Spaceship

I might have an idea of how to build this, but i'll need a synthesis of a one-use 90-degree reflector (don't ask why).
by RakeGuy1246
July 12th, 2020, 9:56 am
Forum: Other Cellular Automata
Topic: Day and Night Spaceships containing Antispaceships
Replies: 7
Views: 2422

Re: Day and Night Spaceships containing Antispaceships


So you're envisioning a spaceship in D&N with an interior that just happens to have a signal-transferring mechanism that can be activated by another spaceship of a different simplified speed where the signals just happen to be able to reconstruct the spaceship on a good location and trajectory to ...