Search found 5 matches

by metametapixel
March 2nd, 2020, 11:12 pm
Forum: General Discussion
Topic: How does the GollyTicker work?
Replies: 5
Views: 4570

Re: How does the GollyTicker work?

Thank you! That's exactly what I needed.
by metametapixel
March 2nd, 2020, 5:44 pm
Forum: General Discussion
Topic: How does the GollyTicker work?
Replies: 5
Views: 4570

How does the GollyTicker work?

Basically the title. How was golly-ticker.rle engineered? More generally, how does https://github.com/potsbo/any-ticker function?
by metametapixel
March 2nd, 2020, 5:35 pm
Forum: Help / Support
Topic: Thread for basic questions
Replies: 6120
Views: 2056778

Re: Thread for basic questions

I know that for most patterns (all patterns except for so-called “Gardens of Eden”), there is some pattern which will evolve into it on the next generation. Is there any easy way to try to find such a pattern or do you have to do a brute-force search until you either come up something that evolves ...
by metametapixel
March 1st, 2020, 1:00 am
Forum: Help / Support
Topic: Thread for basic questions
Replies: 6120
Views: 2056778

Re: Thread for basic questions

Thanks!
by metametapixel
February 29th, 2020, 6:57 pm
Forum: Help / Support
Topic: Thread for basic questions
Replies: 6120
Views: 2056778

Re: Thread for basic questions

The lowest-period LWSS gun I can make is period 30, using Gosper Glider Guns. Is there a smaller-period one? I know period 14 would be the lowest possible...