Search found 8 matches
- March 13th, 2019, 3:27 pm
- Forum: Website Discussion
- Topic: OK to mirror pattern collection in github repo?
- Replies: 3
- Views: 6296
Re: OK to mirror pattern collection in github repo?
Thanks for the input, Dave. When I do this, I will leave files from all.zip untouched so all comments and attributions will automatically stay in tact. I will plan to only add additional files or scripts to the repo to support package managers and the like, and also some sort of readme to explain ...
- March 13th, 2019, 1:23 am
- Forum: Website Discussion
- Topic: OK to mirror pattern collection in github repo?
- Replies: 3
- Views: 6296
OK to mirror pattern collection in github repo?
I would like to make a mirror of the contents of http://www.conwaylife.com/patterns/all.zip available through a github repo. I would set up a nightly or weekly Travis CI job to pull down and sync the latest.
This would allow developers an easy path to include a great pattern library in apps. Of ...
This would allow developers an easy path to include a great pattern library in apps. Of ...
- March 12th, 2019, 3:56 am
- Forum: Scripts
- Topic: RLE grammar
- Replies: 11
- Views: 11387
Re: RLE grammar
Thank you for the notes MikeP and rowett!
- March 8th, 2019, 4:51 am
- Forum: Scripts
- Topic: RLE grammar
- Replies: 11
- Views: 11387
Re: RLE grammar
Thanks again, Dave. You've given me a lot to chew on. I'll try playing around with the offset parameters and some of the layering methods you've mentioned. If I ever end up working on a grammar for Extended RLE I'll try to include any of this that makes sense.
I'll update the end-matter section so ...
I'll update the end-matter section so ...
- March 7th, 2019, 11:27 am
- Forum: Scripts
- Topic: RLE grammar
- Replies: 11
- Views: 11387
Re: RLE grammar
hkoenig - thanks a lot for the input, its very helpful.
The "h" and "v" values seem very useful. I'll follow your advice on the whitespace. The loose and strict modes are a good idea. I'll definitely stick with writing for the loose mode at first for my parser.
The RLE wiki page had this:
RLE ...
The "h" and "v" values seem very useful. I'll follow your advice on the whitespace. The loose and strict modes are a good idea. I'll definitely stick with writing for the loose mode at first for my parser.
The RLE wiki page had this:
RLE ...
- March 7th, 2019, 1:14 am
- Forum: Scripts
- Topic: RLE grammar
- Replies: 11
- Views: 11387
Re: RLE grammar
Thanks again for the help. I've made the following updates:
* Allow for rules that are not semi-totalistic format or are nicknames
* Add note on 70 character limit for generators vs. parsers
* Made header-line optional
* Allow for "#C" hash-line comments after !
* Fixed run-count to not allow ...
* Allow for rules that are not semi-totalistic format or are nicknames
* Add note on 70 character limit for generators vs. parsers
* Made header-line optional
* Allow for "#C" hash-line comments after !
* Fixed run-count to not allow ...
- March 6th, 2019, 1:08 pm
- Forum: Scripts
- Topic: RLE grammar
- Replies: 11
- Views: 11387
Re: RLE grammar
Thank you both very much for the input!
wildmyron: thanks for pointing out the existence of non- semi-totalistic rules and also the nicknames. I can look into those more and update the grammar. For my parser, I don't actually plan on using the grammar past as a reference for the code implementation ...
wildmyron: thanks for pointing out the existence of non- semi-totalistic rules and also the nicknames. I can look into those more and update the grammar. For my parser, I don't actually plan on using the grammar past as a reference for the code implementation ...
- March 6th, 2019, 1:29 am
- Forum: Scripts
- Topic: RLE grammar
- Replies: 11
- Views: 11387
RLE grammar
Hi all,
In case this is useful to anyone... I'm about to write an RLE parser and I wrote up this grammar based on the page from LifeWiki:
Run Length Encoded (RLE) File Format Grammar
============================================
See http://www.conwaylife.com/wiki/Run_Length_Encoded
For ...
In case this is useful to anyone... I'm about to write an RLE parser and I wrote up this grammar based on the page from LifeWiki:
Run Length Encoded (RLE) File Format Grammar
============================================
See http://www.conwaylife.com/wiki/Run_Length_Encoded
For ...