This cropped up (or rather, a close variant) while I was looking at the debris behind a line puffer (with various 'obstacles' placed). Not seen one of these before:
x = 10, y = 9, rule = B3/S23
4b2o$2o2bo3b2o$o8bo$b8o2$b8o$o8bo$2o2b2o2b2o$4b2o!
Interesting because it has a rotor of just 3 cells ...
Search found 4 matches
- May 15th, 2019, 4:08 pm
- Forum: General Discussion
- Topic: Period 3 oscillator
- Replies: 8
- Views: 10867
- January 12th, 2019, 11:57 am
- Forum: Other Cellular Automata
- Topic: Dotlife(B3/S023)
- Replies: 53
- Views: 27287
Re: Dotlife(B3/S023)
This rule could do with more investigation! I've noticed that the R-pentomino (the only methusaleh pentomino in Conway) explodes in this rule - maybe the smallest exploder in Dotlife? And the resulting splodge emits plenty of those "stabilised B-heptomino" SS's - as well as stable versions of the ...
- December 24th, 2018, 1:40 pm
- Forum: Patterns
- Topic: Thread For Your Useless Discoveries
- Replies: 5159
- Views: 2228032
Re: Thread For Your Useless Discoveries
Thanks guys for the info. Yes I do have Golly (wish it had a different name though :? ) - but I certainly haven't learnt all its clever stuff yet! Also the simpler and less sophisticated Life32. I use them to play around with random patterns, hoping 'something will turn up'.
Anyway it wasn't too ...
Anyway it wasn't too ...
- December 23rd, 2018, 3:18 pm
- Forum: Patterns
- Topic: Thread For Your Useless Discoveries
- Replies: 5159
- Views: 2228032
Re: Thread For Your Useless Discoveries
Hello. Newbie here, no expert on Life, just enjoy watching stuff evolve without really understanding it!
I was just playing around with the rule B367/S245, starting from random fills, and I noticed that this long-period oscillator crops up very frequently:
x = 6, y = 2, rule = B367/S245
o4bo$b4o ...
I was just playing around with the rule B367/S245, starting from random fills, and I noticed that this long-period oscillator crops up very frequently:
x = 6, y = 2, rule = B367/S245
o4bo$b4o ...