I got something interesting!!
Look at this beautifull mandala :
x = 72, y = 72, rule = B3/S23
9b4o46b4o$13bo44bo$13bo44bo$14b2o40b2o6$o70bo$o70bo$o70bo$o70bo$b2o66b
2o$3bo64bo$3bo64bo41$3bo64bo$3bo64bo$b2o66b2o$o70bo$o70bo$o70bo$o70bo
6$14b2o40b2o$13bo44bo$13bo44bo$9b4o46b4o!
Also found a ...
Search found 6 matches
- January 20th, 2018, 9:50 pm
- Forum: Patterns
- Topic: Largest and oldest methuselah ever found!
- Replies: 23
- Views: 20691
- January 17th, 2018, 6:31 pm
- Forum: Patterns
- Topic: Largest and oldest methuselah ever found!
- Replies: 23
- Views: 20691
Re: Largest and oldest methuselah ever found!
If we allow infinite growth pattern as methuselah and just restrict ourself to the 20x20 box, then we might engineer a methuselah which uses this ark idea.
I don't have very nice examples - but I mean something like this (just with higher lifespan):
x = 20, y = 20, rule = B3/S23
18b2o$17b2o$19bo3 ...
I don't have very nice examples - but I mean something like this (just with higher lifespan):
x = 20, y = 20, rule = B3/S23
18b2o$17b2o$19bo3 ...
- January 17th, 2018, 11:03 am
- Forum: Patterns
- Topic: Largest and oldest methuselah ever found!
- Replies: 23
- Views: 20691
Re: Largest and oldest methuselah ever found!
I should do something about that old blog! For one thing, I didn't quite understand what a blog is supposed to be, so it's really just a website on which I've plonked various patterns. Maybe I should repost them on ConwayLife. TDiff's pattern is interesting in that the backward stream of gliders ...
- January 16th, 2018, 8:46 am
- Forum: Patterns
- Topic: Largest and oldest methuselah ever found!
- Replies: 23
- Views: 20691
Re: Largest and oldest methuselah ever found!
Crazier: (found in Golly's pattern collection)
# ark2 -- 19 cells, stabilizes at 8120878 gens, found by Nick Gotts.
x = 53, y = 44, rule = B3/S23
50b3o28$12bo$12bo$13boo$15bo$15bo$15bo$15bo6$oo$bbo$bbo$3b4o!
It may be more challenging to find a pattern like this but eventually resolves into ...
# ark2 -- 19 cells, stabilizes at 8120878 gens, found by Nick Gotts.
x = 53, y = 44, rule = B3/S23
50b3o28$12bo$12bo$13boo$15bo$15bo$15bo$15bo6$oo$bbo$bbo$3b4o!
It may be more challenging to find a pattern like this but eventually resolves into ...
- January 16th, 2018, 8:32 am
- Forum: Patterns
- Topic: Largest and oldest methuselah ever found!
- Replies: 23
- Views: 20691
Re: Largest and oldest methuselah ever found!
Crazier: (found in Golly's pattern collection)
# ark2 -- 19 cells, stabilizes at 8120878 gens, found by Nick Gotts.
x = 53, y = 44, rule = B3/S23
50b3o28$12bo$12bo$13boo$15bo$15bo$15bo$15bo6$oo$bbo$bbo$3b4o!
It may be more challenging to find a pattern like this but eventually resolves into ...
# ark2 -- 19 cells, stabilizes at 8120878 gens, found by Nick Gotts.
x = 53, y = 44, rule = B3/S23
50b3o28$12bo$12bo$13boo$15bo$15bo$15bo$15bo6$oo$bbo$bbo$3b4o!
It may be more challenging to find a pattern like this but eventually resolves into ...
- January 16th, 2018, 7:55 am
- Forum: Patterns
- Topic: Largest and oldest methuselah ever found!
- Replies: 23
- Views: 20691
Largest and oldest methuselah ever found!
OMG GUYS!
I just found a crasy thing.
A methuselah that lives for more than 2 MILLION GENERATIONS without being stable!!
Check this out :
x = 73, y = 84, rule = B3/S23
26bo3b2o2b2obo$26bo3b2o4bob2o$26bo3b2o2b2ob2o$30b2o$28bo2bo$28bobo17b
2o$29bo18b2o7$56b2o$46bo9b2o$45bo2bo$44bo4bo ...
I just found a crasy thing.
A methuselah that lives for more than 2 MILLION GENERATIONS without being stable!!
Check this out :
x = 73, y = 84, rule = B3/S23
26bo3b2o2b2obo$26bo3b2o4bob2o$26bo3b2o2b2ob2o$30b2o$28bo2bo$28bobo17b
2o$29bo18b2o7$56b2o$46bo9b2o$45bo2bo$44bo4bo ...