Search found 8 matches

by Prokaryotic Life
December 6th, 2016, 12:09 am
Forum: Other Cellular Automata
Topic: 2x2
Replies: 122
Views: 97097

Re: 2x2

This is a 9 cell methuselah of an acorn interacting with a domino. It has a large bounding box but in terms of # of cells it's small for its lifespan.

x = 10, y = 4, rule = B36/S125
bbbbo$bbbbbbo$bbboobbooo$$$$oo

And another that is a 5 cell methuselah interacting with two dominoes, lasting ...
by Prokaryotic Life
December 2nd, 2016, 7:52 pm
Forum: Other Cellular Automata
Topic: High Life
Replies: 4
Views: 2544

Re: High Life

A for awesome wrote:
Prokaryotic Life wrote:I couldn't find any forums specifically for High Life, so I made one.
There's one here.
Thanks. It didn't come up in the search results. Is there a way to delete this forum?
by Prokaryotic Life
December 2nd, 2016, 7:51 pm
Forum: Other Cellular Automata
Topic: High Life
Replies: 4
Views: 2544

Re: High Life

Is there any database for B36 / S23 discoveries? I found a simple potential-shuttle. It produces a replica of itself and a traffic light predecessor that normally dies out, but in this case it interacts with the replica. I can't find any eaters for it, do you know any?

x = 3, y = 3, rule = B36 / S ...
by Prokaryotic Life
December 2nd, 2016, 7:47 pm
Forum: Other Cellular Automata
Topic: High Life
Replies: 4
Views: 2544

High Life

I couldn't find any forums specifically for High Life, so I made one.
by Prokaryotic Life
December 2nd, 2016, 7:42 pm
Forum: General Discussion
Topic: New spaceship
Replies: 8
Views: 6377

Re: New spaceship

I think i have discovered a new category , it moves forward ,it moves forward reverses it's direction leaving behind beehive ,when it does that 2 times , it crashes into previously left behind one ,if i use glider gun to destroy those beehives , i believe it keeps on going like that without ...
by Prokaryotic Life
December 2nd, 2016, 7:35 pm
Forum: General Discussion
Topic: Methuselah Definition
Replies: 50
Views: 55765

Re: Methuselah Definition

I was thinking "The generation when the methuselah stabilizes is when it contains only guns, spaceships, and oscillators (including still lifes, because they are period 1 oscillators at heart) but the puffer thing kills all that. :cry:
So maybe we can kill the puffer problem by saying "Any pattern ...
by Prokaryotic Life
December 2nd, 2016, 7:16 pm
Forum: Patterns
Topic: Thread for your unsure discoveries
Replies: 4032
Views: 1914635

Re: Thread for your unsure discoveries

Code: Select all

booboob$obobobo$bobbbob$bbooobb$$bbooobb$bobbbob$obobobo$booboob
This is a 26 bit still life. It's not in the catalogue and I don't know how else to check (I'm new). Has anyone seen it before?
by Prokaryotic Life
December 2nd, 2016, 7:12 pm
Forum: Patterns
Topic: Thread for your unsure discoveries
Replies: 4032
Views: 1914635

Re: Thread for your unsure discoveries

Code: Select all

booboob$obobobo$bobbbob$bbooobb$$bbooobb$bobbbob$obobobo$booboob
I found this still life and it's not in the patterns list, nor is it less than 24 cells. I'm new to the forum and I don't know any place to check except the one provided here, but can someone check if it is new?