Edit: wrong forum for previous post.
Hello all, new to the forums but not new to CGOL. Recently made this tool to explore some questions I was working out, it didn't quite work out the way I thought but it turned out to be interesting anyhow. When I was done, thought I would share it with the one ...
Search found 6 matches
- August 18th, 2026, 11:03 am
- Forum: The Sandbox
- Topic: Chiral Life
- Replies: 0
- Views: 79
- October 10th, 2016, 5:59 pm
- Forum: The Sandbox
- Topic: Hello! Some assistance perhaps needed
- Replies: 7
- Views: 4685
Re: Hello! Some assistance perhaps needed
beautiful, thank you i'll post up the theory as soon as I'm done with it. Sent it to a friend and he's already all over my passive voice and grammar.
- October 6th, 2016, 2:35 pm
- Forum: The Sandbox
- Topic: Hello! Some assistance perhaps needed
- Replies: 7
- Views: 4685
Re: Hello! Some assistance perhaps needed
That would be cool, I like your example but yeah I did want something that started more "soupy" and ended in blocks. I'll poke around and see what I can find, I'm gonna have to do this the old fashioned way and just state the rules and show how it changes from soup to block iteration by iteration ...
- October 6th, 2016, 11:59 am
- Forum: The Sandbox
- Topic: Hello! Some assistance perhaps needed
- Replies: 7
- Views: 4685
Re: Hello! Some assistance perhaps needed
OK, actually I need a simpler example. I might just use the 4x4 block as I can't exactly use a GIF in a traditional paper. According to the wiki the block is the most common still life resulting from many random starting patterns.
Can someone turn me on to a good starting pattern that would end up ...
Can someone turn me on to a good starting pattern that would end up ...
- October 6th, 2016, 11:54 am
- Forum: The Sandbox
- Topic: Hello! Some assistance perhaps needed
- Replies: 7
- Views: 4685
Re: Hello! Some assistance perhaps needed
http://www.conwaylife.com/wiki/Blockade
seems like it might fit the bill
A common evolutionary sequence that leads to its formation is known as lumps of muck, which can be seen by letting the stairstep hexomino evolve.
This looks perfect actually. To whom do I give credit to for this gif ? is ...
seems like it might fit the bill
A common evolutionary sequence that leads to its formation is known as lumps of muck, which can be seen by letting the stairstep hexomino evolve.
This looks perfect actually. To whom do I give credit to for this gif ? is ...
- October 6th, 2016, 11:19 am
- Forum: The Sandbox
- Topic: Hello! Some assistance perhaps needed
- Replies: 7
- Views: 4685
Hello! Some assistance perhaps needed
Hello friends, my name is Warren Jones. My Eskimo name is Maaruk, I am Gwich'in and Yup'ik (northernmost Indian and Coastal Eskimo respectively) I am a Northern Philosopher (the philosophy of the circumpolar north) from Alaska. I had been turned on to Conway's Game of Life studying Complex Systems ...