Search found 24 matches

by Xenonquark
March 7th, 2016, 7:45 pm
Forum: Patterns
Topic: Thread for your unsure discoveries
Replies: 4041
Views: 1917453

Re: Thread for your unsure discoveries

I have been enlightened of this 'Hat'. Thank you forums!
by Xenonquark
March 5th, 2016, 12:46 pm
Forum: Patterns
Topic: Thread for your unsure discoveries
Replies: 4041
Views: 1917453

Re: Thread for your unsure discoveries

I just found a pattern that creates a Test tube:

x = 5, y = 5, rule = B3/S23
o$3obo$bo2bo$3obo$o!

That's a hat

It looks like a test tube when rotated 90º clockwise, although it does look like a hat when turned 90º counterclockwise. :mrgreen:

EDIT:
I also found a soup that creates a ...
by Xenonquark
March 5th, 2016, 12:39 pm
Forum: Patterns
Topic: Thread for your unsure discoveries
Replies: 4041
Views: 1917453

Re: Thread for your unsure discoveries

I just found a pattern that creates a Test tube:

Code: Select all

x = 5, y = 5, rule = B3/S23
o$3obo$bo2bo$3obo$o!
by Xenonquark
February 13th, 2016, 7:57 pm
Forum: Other Cellular Automata
Topic: B2ce3ai/S23
Replies: 89
Views: 64831

Re: B2ce3ai/S23

This looks really interesting!
by Xenonquark
February 13th, 2016, 7:53 pm
Forum: Patterns
Topic: Thread for your unsure discoveries
Replies: 4041
Views: 1917453

Re: Thread for your unsure discoveries

This reaction isn't immediately useful, but I'm sure someone can do something with it:

x = 11, y = 12, rule = B3/S23
5bo$4bobo$5bo2$bo$obo3b2o$bo3bobo$5b2o$9bo$8bobo$8bobo$9b2o!

The product of this reaction looks somewhat like a face!

EDIT: Also here's a soup that generates a pentadecathlon ...
by Xenonquark
October 16th, 2015, 10:06 pm
Forum: Other Cellular Automata
Topic: Hex rule B2o45/S2o45H
Replies: 42
Views: 28149

Re: Hex rule B2o45/S2o45

But I want the actual grid to consist of hexagons.
Download Ready if you want to see actual hexagons. After installing it, load Patterns/CellularAutomata/hex_B2oS2m34_gliders.vtu. It should be simple to modify the displayed kernel code to run other hex rules like B2o45/S2o45.



Thank you. Now I ...
by Xenonquark
October 16th, 2015, 9:06 pm
Forum: Other Cellular Automata
Topic: Hex rule B2o45/S2o45H
Replies: 42
Views: 28149

Re: Hex rule B2o45/S2o45

gameoflifeboy wrote:Golly can do this, if you click View->Show Cell Icons. It will still be on a square grid, but after a certain zoom level the cells will appear as sideways hexagons, if the rule is on a hexagonal neighborhood.
I know that. But I want the actual grid to consist of hexagons.
by Xenonquark
October 16th, 2015, 7:52 pm
Forum: Other Cellular Automata
Topic: Hex rule B2o45/S2o45H
Replies: 42
Views: 28149

Re: Hex rule B2o45/S2o45

But I want a program that actually uses hexagons for cells.
by Xenonquark
October 15th, 2015, 7:34 pm
Forum: General Discussion
Topic: Conway life spaceships as real spaceships
Replies: 40
Views: 36229

Re: Conway life spaceships as real spaceships

Extrementhusiast wrote:
Xenonquark wrote:The glider would be a cheap and nimble ship. Problem is finding a way for it to move in all directions.
So, a zipline?
Reflectors, I guess.
by Xenonquark
October 10th, 2015, 9:18 pm
Forum: Patterns
Topic: Thread for your unsure discoveries
Replies: 4041
Views: 1917453

Re: Thread for your unsure discoveries

What should we name it?
by Xenonquark
October 10th, 2015, 6:58 pm
Forum: Patterns
Topic: Thread for your unsure discoveries
Replies: 4041
Views: 1917453

Re: Thread for your unsure discoveries

We need more ludicrously big things. So I made a ludicrously huge still life with the assistance of JLS.

I'm calling it the Harddrive:
x = 62, y = 62, rule = B3/S23
26b2o6b2o$b2obo4bo4bo9b3o8b3o9bo4bo4bob2o$b2ob3obobo3b3o3bo2bo4bob2obo
4bo2bo3b3o3bobob3ob2o$7b2o2bo5bo2b4obob2ob2ob2obob4o2bo5bo2b2o ...
by Xenonquark
October 8th, 2015, 8:39 pm
Forum: The Sandbox
Topic: Gustavo Ramos Rehermann's patterns
Replies: 980
Views: 583019

Re: Gustavo Ramos Rehermann's patterns

You can do it Gustavo!
by Xenonquark
October 7th, 2015, 5:40 pm
Forum: Patterns
Topic: Thread for your unsure discoveries
Replies: 4041
Views: 1917453

Re: Thread for your unsure discoveries

I have decided to find some still lives using JLS, and found... this..:

x = 35, y = 15
14booboboo$11bobbob3obobbo$5bobbobobobo5bobobobobbo$5b4obobobb5obbobob4o$3boo5bo
b3o5b3obo5boo$4boboobo5b5o5boboobo$4boboob5o7b5oboobo$3boo9b7o9boo$4boboob5o7b5o
boobo$4boboobo5b5o5boboobo$3boo5bob3o5b3obo5boo ...
by Xenonquark
October 7th, 2015, 4:56 pm
Forum: Other Cellular Automata
Topic: 125/36/3
Replies: 15
Views: 8457

Re: 125/36/3

You posted the patterns in such a way that they all explode. Is there any way to change it?

EDIT:
Now over 10 posts!
by Xenonquark
October 6th, 2015, 5:51 pm
Forum: The Sandbox
Topic: How Your Username Evolves
Replies: 240
Views: 146711

Re: How Your Username Evolves

I saw this thread, and what I saw looked pretty cool, so I decided to test my name.

Here it is:
x = 59, y = 7, rule = B3/S23
o3bob5ob2o2bo2b3o2b2o2bo2b3o2bo3bo2b3o2b4o2bo3bo$o3bobo5bobobobo3bobob
obobo3bobo3bobo3bobo3bobo2bo$o3bobo5bobobobo3bobobobobo3bobo3bobo3bobo
3bobobo ...
by Xenonquark
October 6th, 2015, 5:37 pm
Forum: General Discussion
Topic: Conway life spaceships as real spaceships
Replies: 40
Views: 36229

Re: Conway life spaceships as real spaceships

The glider would be a cheap and nimble ship. Problem is finding a way for it to move in all directions.
by Xenonquark
October 5th, 2015, 8:36 pm
Forum: General Discussion
Topic: Project Alias
Replies: 30
Views: 31078

Re: Project Alias

I'm thinking that the large diagonally moving ship should be called 'Battleship'.
by Xenonquark
October 5th, 2015, 5:58 pm
Forum: Patterns
Topic: Soup search results
Replies: 2626
Views: 2324396

Re: Soup search results

Cool thread!
by Xenonquark
October 5th, 2015, 11:36 am
Forum: Other Cellular Automata
Topic: Day and Night puffer
Replies: 6
Views: 4252

Re: Day and Night puffer

I would consider it to be a wickstretcher.
by Xenonquark
October 4th, 2015, 9:17 am
Forum: Patterns
Topic: Thread for your unsure discoveries
Replies: 4041
Views: 1917453

Re: Thread for your unsure discoveries

Found these using a search program that gives you low-period oscillators. P2 oscillators and still lives come quickly, P3 is a bit slow, and P4 and above can take an eternity. ESPECIALLY with the higher periods. Did you use your own search program??? I'm very interested on how it works. Well it ...
by Xenonquark
October 3rd, 2015, 4:32 pm
Forum: Other Cellular Automata
Topic: Hex rule B2o45/S2o45H
Replies: 42
Views: 28149

Re: Hex rule B2o45/S2o45

This is really interesting.

Sad that there's no download for this. At least on this forum. :cry:
by Xenonquark
October 3rd, 2015, 3:59 pm
Forum: Patterns
Topic: Thread for your unsure discoveries
Replies: 4041
Views: 1917453

Re: Thread for your unsure discoveries

I'm not sure if any of these oscillators have been discovered yet. They've probably been seen before.

Here they are:
x = 263, y = 222, rule = B3/S23
10$151bo$150bobo5bobob2ob2o2b2o$150bo2bo3b2obob2obobo2bo75b2o4b2o$12b
2obo52b2obo12b2o14b2ob2o44b2o3bo2bo8b4o24bo15b2o31bo2bobo2bobo2bo$12bo ...
by Xenonquark
October 3rd, 2015, 1:33 pm
Forum: Other Cellular Automata
Topic: Clouds (help)
Replies: 3
Views: 2853

Re: Clouds (help)

If B0 rules aren't "cheating", you might like this rule, found by David Eppstein:

x = 555, y = 283, rule = B013468/S02
555o$555o$555o$555o$555o$555o$555o$555o$555o$555o$555o$555o$555o$555o$
555o$555o$555o$555o$555o$555o$555o$555o$555o$555o$555o$555o$555o$555o$
555o$555o$555o$555o$555o$555o$555o ...
by Xenonquark
October 3rd, 2015, 1:10 pm
Forum: Other Cellular Automata
Topic: B35/S23
Replies: 145
Views: 85987

Re: B35/S23

So.. I'm not the only one who knew of this.

EDIT:

Code: Select all

x = 11, y = 7, rule = B35/S23
2b2o$bo3b2o$bobo4bobo$obobobob2o$bobo4bobo$bo3b2o$2b2o!
A tagalong for one of the c/2 spaceships posted in this thread. A very small one at that.