Search found 3 matches

by Paddymac
January 4th, 2015, 6:46 pm
Forum: General Discussion
Topic: Drill vs. cloud
Replies: 10
Views: 7378

Re: Drill vs. cloud

A while ago, I set out on a quest for a simple target that would generate a cloud impenetrable by the P-30 gun.
The attached 2-blinker solution is the best I have found so far. The blocks and beehives that intercept the gun-threatening returning gliders cover 11 stages of the life history of this ...
by Paddymac
January 3rd, 2015, 12:46 am
Forum: General Discussion
Topic: Drill vs. cloud
Replies: 10
Views: 7378

Re: Drill vs. cloud

A little more tinkering leads me to the conclusion that the P-30 gun is not the most effective drill. The best I have seen so far is a P-36 gun.
by Paddymac
December 25th, 2014, 12:56 pm
Forum: General Discussion
Topic: Drill vs. cloud
Replies: 10
Views: 7378

Re: Drill vs. cloud

I have been endlessly fascinated by the eternal struggle between the infinite glider stream and the random ash cloud. Having the cloud fire gliders that destroy the gun is such a common occurrence that I equip the gun with a "barrel" that intercepts the return fire. From what I have seen so far, the ...