The script does not work for me under Debian Sid.
I get the following error:
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "<string>", line 1, in <module>
File "/home/philipp/.golly/golly_clip.py", line 413, in <module>
os.makedirs(SCRIPT_RESULTS_DIRECTORY)
File "/usr/lib/python2.7/os.py", line 157 ...
Search found 4 matches
- November 26th, 2014, 2:50 pm
- Forum: Scripts
- Topic: Random Glider Collision Search
- Replies: 16
- Views: 13674
- September 9th, 2014, 5:09 pm
- Forum: General Discussion
- Topic: apgsearch: a high-performance soup searcher
- Replies: 147
- Views: 151538
Re: apgsearch: a high-performance soup searcher
There doesn't seem to be anything strange with your configuration. What version of Python are you using? (It's tested on version 2.7.)
I seem to recall that xrange() malfunctions if you try to feed it a number exceeding 2^31. I should probably alter the script to prevent that from happening.
It ...
I seem to recall that xrange() malfunctions if you try to feed it a number exceeding 2^31. I should probably alter the script to prevent that from happening.
It ...
- September 8th, 2014, 5:55 pm
- Forum: General Discussion
- Topic: apgsearch: a high-performance soup searcher
- Replies: 147
- Views: 151538
Re: apgsearch: a high-performance soup searcher
unfortunately it lead to a complette freeze of Golly.
That's very bizarre behaviour; what specification is your machine (and what seed did you use)? It very occasionally (once every few hours, on average) stalls for about a minute whilst it performs error-correction; it's possible you were just ...
That's very bizarre behaviour; what specification is your machine (and what seed did you use)? It very occasionally (once every few hours, on average) stalls for about a minute whilst it performs error-correction; it's possible you were just ...
- September 8th, 2014, 4:28 pm
- Forum: General Discussion
- Topic: apgsearch: a high-performance soup searcher
- Replies: 147
- Views: 151538
Re: apgsearch: a high-performance soup searcher
I'm a longtime-lurker, and guessed I would stay that.
I downloaded the script, and tried to test it, unfortunately it lead to a complette freeze of Golly. (Next time, I will start it from the command line to get error messages.)
In the latest results, however, the least interesting soup in the ...
I downloaded the script, and tried to test it, unfortunately it lead to a complette freeze of Golly. (Next time, I will start it from the command line to get error messages.)
In the latest results, however, the least interesting soup in the ...